9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2006 4:14 PM by Dr._Goomba

Problem running contact manager app

Dr._Goomba
      I am trying to run the contact manager sample app and receive the following client side error:

[MessagingError message='Unknown destination 'cfcontact-default' for service with id 'data-service'.']
      at mx.messaging.config::ServerConfig$/getProperties()
      at mx.data::Metadata$iinit()
      at mx.data::ConcreteDataService$iinit()
      at mx.data::ConcreteDataService$/getService()
      at mx.data::DataService$iinit()
      at contactmgr/::initApp()
      at contactmgr/___Application1_creationComplete()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized()
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::doPhasedInstantiation()
      at Function/ http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher2()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher()

I cant seem to find any files that reference cfcontact-default. Ideas? Thanks!!
        • 1. Re: Problem running contact manager app
          vasibe
          u should write the context path in the server.xml and the transaction factory.
          u should import necessary jar files for the transaction to happen.

Vasibe
          • 2. Problem running contact manager app
            Dr._Goomba Level 1
            Hmm the problem was 'cfcontact-default' should have just been 'cfcontact'.

Now to another problem when running this example. On load i'm receiving an error:

[Flex] [ERROR] Exception when invoking service: data-service
            with message: Flex Message (flex.data.messages.DataMessage)
            operation = fill
            id = null
            clientId = 18DA1C41-745B-B4C3-06F6-1AAADC0DDB31
            correlationId =
            destination = cfcontact
            messageId = A48465C9-0AEB-7E91-4A1F-1AAADC17AB89
            timestamp = 1155793607813
            timeToLive = 0
            body =
            [

]
            hdr(DSEndpoint) = cf-dataservice-rtmp
            exception: flex.data.adapters.AdapterException: Error invoking fill-method 'fill' for destination cfcontact: Permission denied

Here is the code which it is choking on:

private function initApp():void
            {
            contacts = new ArrayCollection();
            ds = new DataService("cfcontact");
            ds.addEventListener(ResultEvent.RESULT, resultHandler);
            ds.addEventListener(DataServiceFaultEvent.FAULT, faultHandler);
            ds.addEventListener(DataConflictEvent.CONFLICT, conflictHandler);
            ds.autoCommit = false;
            var token:AsyncToken = AsyncToken(ds.fill(contacts));
            token.kind = "fill";
            }

Would someone be kind enough to explain why i am receiving this error? Thanks!!!
            • 3. Re: Problem running contact manager app
              vasibe Level 1
              hi
              this is because the transaction is failed it is not invoking data service method
              <Transaction factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/>
              </Context>
              u paste this code in the server.xml and restart the server.
              thanks
              vasibe
              • 4. Re: Problem running contact manager app
                Dr._Goomba Level 1
                A couple questions.

1. Where is server.xml? I cant find this file anywhere

2. Why do the pre-installed samples work fine without this?
                • 5. Re: Problem running contact manager app
                  CathyM
                  If you are running on Tomcat, they you'll have server.xml and need to add transaction support by installing the JOTM pacakge and including the definition in server.xml.

If you're not running on Tomcat, that information is not relevant.

If you're running on JRun or any other J2EE server, transaction support is already included.

In terms of debugging your original issue,

'exception: flex.data.adapters.AdapterException: Error invoking fill-method 'fill' for destination cfcontact: Permission denied'

Based on the logging statements, you can see that the fill request got to the FDS server. The next step is to determine if the request got to the cfcontact object. Are you able to add debug logging statements and or debug the method you've defined for fill on your cfcontact definition?
                  • 6. Problem running contact manager app
                    Dr._Goomba Level 1
                    quote:

Originally posted by: CathyM
                    The next step is to determine if the request got to the cfcontact object. Are you able to add debug logging statements and or debug the method you've defined for fill on your cfcontact definition?

Unfortunatly i am not really sure how to go about debugging. Although in the setup documentations for "Using Coldfusion with Flex - Part 1" number 11 says the flex console should output:

"[Flex] [CFDataServicesAdapter] Configuring CFC adapter for destination cfcontact"

after making the necessary changes to data-management-config.xml. Flex doesn't output this, is it safe to assume this is another way of telling me that Flex is unable to communicate with my Coldfusion server?
                    • 7. Re: Problem running contact manager app
                      seth_hodgson
                      Hi Dr.,

Did you follow step 6 on page 2 of Tom J's article to the letter (editing services-config.xml's <logging> section)? Are you seeing any debug Flex output in the console?

Best,
                      Seth
                      • 8. Re: Problem running contact manager app
                        Dr._Goomba Level 1
                        I did. However nowhere in the article did it mention to replace {server.name} in the services-config.xml file with your servername/host/ip. Doing this fixed the problem.
                        • 9. Re: Problem running contact manager app
                          Dr._Goomba Level 1
                          I have followed everything to the T. Somehow i got this working once, but no i cant get it to work again! I don't know what else to do.., i assume that im having problems because FDS and CF arnt communicating as i am continuing to receive:

"error invoking fill-method 'fill' for destination cfcontact-default: permission denied"

i also noticed when that im receiving an error requested resource /samples/messagebroker/cfamfpolling (%2fsamples%2fmessagebroker%2cfamfpolling) not found

not sure if this has anything to do with it, and also i keep reading that some people get it to work by replaceing {server.name}:{port} in services-config.xml, ive tried everything, not sure what else to do. Thanks.