1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2011 7:28 AM by jefbak

Mac Upgrade to 5.5.2: Now have AVCHD playback and timeline scrubbing problems

jefbak Level 1

Previous to upgrading to 5.5.2 my panasonic avchd projects worked fine. After the upgrade I have new performance promblems:

• Timeline playback freezing even with just one video layer and no effects applied
      • Switch to a new clip in the timeline with the mouse does not update in the program monitor (frame does not appear) until clicked again.

Also my first attemp to export a project to media encoder has failed. Also a first and has never happened before the upgrade.

Ideas?

• 1. Re: Mac Upgrade to 5.5.2: Now have AVCHD playback and timeline scrubbing problems
          jefbak Level 1

It appears that (for my projects) created before the 5.5.2 update (so ALL of them) have required me to delete any rendered files in the project and re-render them to fix the performance issues. This is not quite is easy as it sounds for projects with lots of effects and color correction. For example many of projects use Magic Bullete Looks color and that can be a very slow render (hours). I would be careful with this premiere update, it can be a hassle at the very least.