1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2011 1:32 PM by Peter Celuch

CS4 Slides

HagmicAS3 Level 1

I recieved a work request at work today to update an eLearning course from 2005 (OUCH!). I tried to open it in CS5 today and I receieved the error "Slides and Forms are no longer supported by Adobe. Please open in an earlier version of Flash.". I installed an old copy of CS4 that my company had lying around, opened the FLA, and sure enough, it was created using slides. I have no personal experience working with presentaitons/slides in Flash. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to update this file to no longer use slides so it can edited in CS5?

• 1. Re: CS4 Slides
          Peter Celuch Level 4

I used slides maybe one time :O just to play around. I remember that slides can be nested. Meaning that children slides inherit layers from their parents. And slides are basicaly a timeline where on each frame you have different content (slides) and you navigate through it with nextFrame() / prevFrame(). The key is to know how to copy and paste all the slides to new project without the slides.

What I would do:

1) Open your slides (A) and create new empty FLA file (B)

2) Match document dimensions by setting doc width/height in B

3) Unlock and unhide all layers in A

4) Select first slide in A, select all its contents and copy

5) Paste in place in B (Shift+Ctrl+V) in the first layer

6) Select next slide in A, select all its contents and copy

7) Add frame in B

8) Create new layer in B, in that layer create blank keyframe on frame2 and Paste in place

9A) If the second slide is child of first slide (indented), expand layer1 in B into frame2

9B) If not, put a empty keyframe on layer1 frame2

repeat 6-9 until the end

After that you should be able to scrub timeline and see the slides as in the original slideshow. The last thing to do is to add some buttons or keyEvents with action nextFrame().