3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2011 4:55 PM by David-Herman

trying to enter a screen name

Gordon Peffer

I am being asked to enter a screen name somewhere in photoshop touch but every name I answer is met with the message that the name is unavailable. What gives? I've tried about 20 names, all rejected.

• 1. Re: trying to enter a screen name
          David-Herman Adobe Employee

Hi Gordon,

Where exactly are you being prompted for this - can you describe the specific steps that lead you up to the point where you're asked for that? Do you mean you're being prompted to "sign in" (with an Adobe ID)?

• 2. Re: trying to enter a screen name
            Gordon Peffer Level 1

I can sign in to forums. For the life of me I can't remember where I was asked for this. I'll try again in the morning to see if I can get back there. I use CS5 for my work so I should be able to figure this out. Thanks for reply. This small scale program looks quite promising.

• 3. Re: trying to enter a screen name
              David-Herman Adobe Employee

No problem.  Photoshop Touch is a lot of fun to play with (I think) and makes a great mobile companion to it's big brother on the desktop.  It's surprisingly powerful and I think you'll find there are a lot of features packed in to it.  That said, tablet apps are a new thing for many of us, so don't feel bad if you get a little disoriented at first: there's new hardware, new operating systems, new terminology, etc. - we're all learning.

Once you have PS Touch installed on your tablet, the only place (that I know of) where it should prompt you for anything like a name is when you want to connect to the Creative Cloud - that provides a very handy way to move files between the Tablet and your desktop computer, so you'll want to explote that option. When you do, you'll need to "sign in" to the Creative Cloud using an Adobe ID (account) to access the Creative Cloud. If you have trouble with that, feel free to post a question here.

Cheers and have fun.