3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 3:39 AM by nealeh

DVD Won't Play

Evander2

I created a slide show on Premiere Elements 9 and burned it to a DVD.  The DVD plays on my PC but not on any of my three DVD players. I receive either an "error" message or a "no data" message.

I generated another short show using the same images, and used "non slide show" method (I dont' know what else to call it).  I burned a DVD and it played fine.

Why won't the "Create Slide Show" DVD play?

Thanks

• 1. Re: DVD Won't Play
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is not a software issue. If the DVD plays on your computer, then the software did its job.

There are a number of reasons a home-burned DVD won't play on your DV player.

1) You used a lower quality disc brand like Memorex.

2) Your DVD players are not fully compatible with home-burned discs.

The best solution is to:

1) Use only high quality disc brands, like Verbatim.

2) Instead of burning a disc, set Premiere Elements to burn to a folder on your hard drive.

3) Use the free download ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder Premiere Elements created and the files inside to a DVD. With ImgBurn, you can set the burn speed to no more than half the rated speed of the disc AND you can verify the disc after it's burned. Discs that are verified by ImgBurn are nearly 100% compatible on any DVD player that plays home-burneds.

• 2. Re: DVD Won't Play
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Steve's comments and suggestions, you might want to look at this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: DVD Won't Play
              nealeh Level 5

Steve Grisetti wrote:

1) Use only high quality disc brands, like Verbatim.

And that quality is not even expensive nowadays. In the UK you can get a fifty spindle of 4.7GB printable Verbatim for only 20p (<30¢) per disk.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children