• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 - Breaking News!

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some members of the Adobe CS team(Dennis Radeke and 2 others - sorry, forgot their names, but they were PPro/AME team people) were in attendance at the Atlanta Cutters meeting last night. You'll all be happy to know that they revealed quite a bit about the next version - CS6. Here's the quickie info on CS6, I've quoted as carefully as I can:

- "It's coming in 2012"

- "It's going to be amazing"

- "It's pretty exciting"

I hope they don't get fired for revealing all of that info. I'm sure you all are very excited, as I was last night, to be able to gain such an early look at the next generation of video editing.

In all seriousness, they were very good at the one thing they were really there to do - convert FCP dissidents - and answered a few questions people had - again, mostly about migrating from FCP. Quite nice to hear my FCP friends talking afterward about how it's a done deal, Adobe is the here-and-now. All this in spite of the fact that Media Composer 6 is basically here now as well.

Sorry to get everybody all excited with the thread title...I really couldn't help myself. It was refreshing, though, to see not 1, not 2, but 3 reps from Adobe at a relatively small user group meeting in Atlanta (150 attendees, more or less) and this is after they've already been out here once this year. Says a lot about the development of the production community here in Atlanta for the last few years, but also says a lot about Adobe's committment to listening to their customers and working constantly to solve problems and develop new solutions that fit our various workflows. I still remember the old days where Premiere Pro was seemingly an unsupported piece of Adobe refuse, meant simply to fill a gap and keep people working with AE. Those days are as long-gone as they can be now, and the good times are rolling on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I just want they fix the current bugs. Anything else is extra.

AND to show some respect, they should do it for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have bugs, report them here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Updates within a number version ARE free... the CS5 I have is up to 5.0.3 (5.0.4 for Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hint but I already did it. If you can, please track back this post and you will understand.

http://adobe.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/3895074

Also this forum is not my only form of contact with Adobe, as we met with them at NAB. They are very aware of the problems, I can asure you.

Unfortunately not all bugs are fixed within the version. CS4 had its bugs, they fixed some only in CS5; CS5 had its bugs, they fixed some only in CS5.5; CS5.5 has its bugs; this one probably will only be fixed in CS6. http://forums.adobe.com/message/3942834#3942834

I guess they wont offer that fix for for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you too. but creative suite has a lots of bugs unsolved throughout versions and versions. sorry.

so every new version now contains useless childish features but there are dozens of "simple" things unsolved or hard to achieve.

Flash - crappy bugy pen tool continues drawing at random points (not from the last point of the actual line),

color panel alpha slider jumps back to 99%, crashes, no way to  set the line tool to "no scale" mode without workaround. etc...

Photoshop - no way to preview an effect if it is on a layer containing only small things, because you cant see any underlaying layer.
no real preview for effect like lens blur.
no way to organize fonts - I have to scroll over all the oriental characters even if I won't use it (on Windows platform), and there's no other way to organize fonts to different families too.
the rendered fonts are ugly as H |= LL !! --> if you can use 3d for childish useless basic 3d modelling, you can do it for advanced visual rendering.

the graphic card integration is chaotic.

the wacom tablet support is even no close to include tool ID. the fancy 3d brush-cursors are jumping around, while the pen moves.

illustrator tools doesn't catch tool keystrokes in the air.
I have to click with the tool (whatever it is, and whatever I do in this step what I don't want to do, and therefore I have to undo it before changing-tool-with-shortkey)

I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed.

I don't care the new features, because I hadn't even got what I payed for in CS4, so I am skipping CS5 CS5.5.

AND when the bugs will be fixed, i pay for the upgrade, and checksum how much did it cost e.g.

a flawless pen tool for flash. b/c none of the versions till these days have a flawless basic vector pen tool.

But I think little by little people will migrate to open source solutions, b/c it is very hard to work with crappy softwares 8-10 hours a day.

Useless of thinking all the time about fancy features, b/c the whole world of design will tend to shortcut for open source friendly or low cost ways,
skipping things that doesn't worth the effort with the struggle.

if there are no bug fixes it is no reason to upgrade. you folks got to decide: you want to create toys for children or professional tools for WORK.
if you want to create toys, you can create another title such as Adobe Fun Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe guys do try to fix bugs, very very hard. You know, with the way they're planning on doing the licensing going forward, it will make bug fixes a much higher priority since you won't have product sales cycles the way you do now. Until then, limited resources (time and money) mean that a company has to pick and choose what to do and when. Some bugs affect everyone, and prevent work from being done, so those kinds of things obviously get top priority. Other things are more like preferences...shortcut keys, menu placement, feature requests, etc. Those kinds of things get the lowest priority. In between are a dozen different kinds of things that affect the way one person works and not another, or affect one type of hardware and not another. If a bug affects a large number of people and enough folks make Adobe aware of the problem (through the bug reports) then I promise, they want to fix it, and they will try to fix it. It helps everybody.

I don't know about your specific issues and I don't have the time to check your links (and I don't work for Adobe anyway, so it probably doesn't matter what I "think" at all) but I know there are occasionally complaints that somebody has a piece of hardware that doesn't work with Adobe software and Adobe is charged with fixing what basically amounts to a manufacturer's buggy firmware or something else out of Adobe's control. In those instances, what can you really expect Adobe to do beyond working WITH the manufacturer to find a solution?

Don't know if that's your issue or not, just giving an example of a common complaint that is usually justified as an Adobe "bug" when it really is something Adobe cannot fix in the first place.

Anyway...a lot of the stuff that you say you don't want (the "new features" kind of stuff, as opposed to bug fixes) are the kinds of things that the other people around here like myself can't wait for. Adobe has brought a lot of conveniences to my editing over the years, with the first major one being Dynamic Link (cue the choir of angels). And there have been missteps (PPro CS3) but for the most part, they do work hard and I appreciate each new thing they bring to the table. I'm never angry about any new version of the suite that I've purchased (except maybe CS3, but it wasn't ALL bad....just, not that great, and I wasn't so much angry as just completely underwhelmed).

Good luck with your issues. Over 6 months til CS6, so plenty of time for Adobe to hopefully patch up whatever problems you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the heads up. Somehow I feel some comfort. Those issues, the system unstability, the editors complaints, the boss pressure... it's driving me mad.

I really hope they can get better in CS6. But now they want me to test MC6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christian Jolly wrote:

Adobe guys do try to fix bugs, very very hard. You know, with the way they're planning on doing the licensing going forward, it will make bug fixes a much higher priority...make Adobe aware of the problem (through the bug reports) then I promise, they want to fix it, and they will try to fix it.

...and I don't work for Adobe anyway.

Since you don't work for Adobe, how do you know any of this? Are Adobe employees sharing confidential information with you?

So you are suggesting bug fixes is currently not a high priority for them (they can't be a high priority if a change is going to make it a much higher priority). Their model might be simply be fix any major show stopping bugs, or bugs reported by their biggest clients, and any other bugs gets ignored or left to the next major release.  In the 18 (or so) months between CS4 and CS5 I believe both Illustrator and Dreamweaver did not get a single bug fix. Does that mean no one reported ANY non-trivial bugs or they decided to focus on the next release instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Bug fixes ARE a very high priority. This is no secret, and I can state that with conviction, and knowledge - no confidences compromised. That said, I am not sure how Christian came to the conclusion that it would be a larger priority, but cannot argue with that assertion. He might well have spent an evening drinking (not that any Adobe employee would drink), during one of the trade shows, and just gleaned that info from discussion over a glass of wine?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted so bad to read this thread and get excited the way I used to about Adobe product launches. But not today. You Adobe folks just don't get it. FIXING THE DISASTEROUS BUGS that your products have ought to be the no-doubt-number-one-and-there-is-no-question-about-it priority. I con't give a crap about a bunch of new buggy features added to an already buggy product when I feel like I got ripped off with the last upgrade. Seriously, how can you guys sleep?

I've submitted many, many bug reports to Adobe over the past year or two - in particular pertaining to the very well known constant crashes and memories leaks in both Dreamweaver and Fireworks - and not only has Adobe not made any progress in improving the reliability of these products, but they have the audacity to release competitive products and offer pseudo-upgrades like "FIREWORKS CS5.1" in the CS5.5 package, and WITHOUT even fixing the problems Fireworks had OR adding ANY new features,  AND YET they ask us to pay for the upgrade?!?!? Seriously, WTF? My wife an I are both UI developers and we use different computers, different make/model, different preferences, software and setups, and I can't count how ofter we look at each other and say "Dreamweaver just crashed again lol". It's disgusting. I'm not alone in this opinion by a long shot.

But the worst part of all is the insulting replies or dismissive comments from Adobe employees suggesting that all of us "obviously-edge-case" users sumit bug reports when the things we're complaining about are extremely well known, described and discussed, happen extremely often during routine use of Adobe products, and are in all other ways extremely typical-of-adobe-products bugs.

I'm a big supporter of submitting bug reports  crashes and wierd UI behaviors. But I'm not a beta tester, I paid like $2500 for this crap. And the bugs aren't rare, and they are can't be described within the context of a specific action or operation. Rather we are being asked to submit bug reports for things like "Dreamweaver crashes while I'm eating lunch and I'm not at my computer", literally, or "Dreamweaver crashes when I'm typing" - again, literally, or "Dreamweaver crashes when it's launching" or "Dreamweaver crashes when I do a save". It's just infuriatingly patronizing. Adobe employees know full well that their products crash hella-often, and they know full well that we're pissed about it. How about you apologize AND fix the problems, and then start trying to con us into your next updgrade. Maybe I don't get it, but it seems like common sense to fix the problems first. Once that's out of the way we would be happy to focus on submitting feature requests and supporting Adobe's rabid launching of canaballistic products that alienate current ripped-off customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall another, saying some of the same things, though seldom as a rant - "... fix all problems/Bugs, and make the programs wonderfully stable... leave some of the 'golly gee whiz' stuff for later, and do not bother trying to support every possible format, that one might encounter... " Something like that, and I share those sentiments.

Native 3D editing, support for MKV et al, Importing DivX, working with Nokia phone-cams, and the rest, can wait until every true Bug has been fixed, and the programs are totally stable.

Just thinking,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whereas Windows users get the punchbowl that's been spiked with the good stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boy do I ever agree with YOU.

Matrox H264 files worked with Encore 5.0

they do NOT work with Encore 5.1

but - THEY WON'T LET ME HAVE ENCORE 5.0 !!!!!!

I've been waiting more than 6 months and they haven't fixed the bug yet.

I demand they FIX IT - FAST - AND NOT CHARGE ME MORE TO GET THE FIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entitlement minded people are annoying and don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. The folks at Adobe should listen to paying customers instead of thinking they are entitled to our money with no responsibility for quality or usability. After all, a paying customer is entitled to a working product... right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great! I'm looking forward to improvements focued on Mac users, similar to the focus that nVidia card users got with Mercury.

I've used every version since Premiere 4.2 in 1995 to CS5, having only skipped CS4 in all those versions. I'd like CS5.5, but really, I only want Audition back. (I had both Mac and PC versions throughout the years, and I loved Cool Edit Pro before it became Audition.) It just doesn't seem worth it to spend that much to get Audition, so I'm thrilled to think CS6 will have some sort of GPU acceleration for ATI cards, Audition for Mac, and whatever other new wizardry they can come up with. (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition is now ported for the Mac, with Audition CS 5.5.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but I'm on a Mac, and Audition for Mac isn't complete...

(Gimme some cheese with this whine!)

I'm hoping CS6 will have a complete version of Audition (like Windows users have), SpeedGrade and some improvements to maybe Mocha and Warp Stabilizer. Yum!

For now, all I get with 5.5 is a watered down Audition and Warp Stabilizer. For now, I use Mocha and my PC with the older version of Audition. (Crowded desktop!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, what's incomplete about Audition for Macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the missing features are tone/noise generation and pitch correction, both of which I used all the time... some filters, graphic phase shifter, and revert to original file. There's other stuff that I didn't use, but it would appear it doesn't matter, because they aren't there anyway. I really was annoyed (though I've gotten over it) at the lameness of Soundbooth being watered down to consumer level. It took a while to figure out what all the silly names of effects meant as opposed to the proper names they had in Audition. I felt like they took away my big boy undies and gave me diapers again. Then, we had the Audition for Mac beta, and I was allowed to wear my big boy panties on weekends, because it was better than Soundbooth... but not ready for full use yet.

So, when they "finish" porting Audition for Mac, it will be worth buying/upgrading. In the meantime, that's the main reason I keep my old PC alive, since it has a full version of Audition on it from long ago. It will be a glorious day when Macs are fully included in the party at Adobe again. Right now, it's like we have a separate punch bowl with only punch in it, whereas Windows users get the punchbowl that's been spiked with the good stuff.

I understand it takes time to work these things out, and it's obvious that there's more marketshare in Windows to justfiy the partitioning of attention given to that marketshare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, baby!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure when this went live on the Adobe site, but it raised my pulse in a good way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines