6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2011 11:25 PM by MarcelSteffen

Stream Error 2032 - No mx_4.5.1.xxxxx.swf in bin-debug

MarcelSteffen

Hello everybody,

I have a strange behaviour when running the example from this site:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2011/02/sparkdatagridwithhierarchy.html

I get a stream error for the file mx_4.5.0.20967.swf which is not in the bin-debug folder when I build my application.

I minimized the example to identify which line of code is responsible. The smallest application I could come up with is this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
      <s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"  
                     xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"  
                     xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600"> 

<fx:Declarations> 
              <mx:HierarchicalData/> 
          </fx:Declarations> 

</s:Application>

As soon as I declare any mx class which implements IVisualElement, like a mx:DataGrid the missing RSL-file appears in the bin-debug folder.

When I go to the properties and uncheck the 'Use local debug runtime shared libraries when debugging' option in the build path settings, clean the project an build again, then alle RSL-files change to .swz an even with the above example I get an mx_4.5.0.20967.swz. So no more stream error

Regarding all this I have 3 questions.

1. Why is their this distinction wether I use GUI classe from the mx package or not?

2. Why do the debug RSLs not include the mx-file by default?

3. Why do I have the feeling that not many users encoutered this problem. Before I checked the build path settings everything was on factory settings in FlashBuilder. So IMO more users should have this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Marcel