2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2011 11:01 AM by Adam-C

Put _movie.frame in D11.5?

Professor S.

The documentation says _movie.frame returns the number of the current frame of the movie. I want a single print button to print the current frame, which could be 1 through 10.  So I need to be able to ask my projector in Lingo what frame I'm on.   _movie.frame returns an error for me. How do I read the current frame number please?

• 1. Re: Put _movie.frame in D11.5?
          Professor S. Level 1

Why do I figure out my own answers after two hours of research and then it comes to me two seconds after I post it.  Well, partly because of similar posts that I could not find.  Oh well, it's

put the frame

or if the frame = 5 then

print it sort of

• 2. Re: Put _movie.frame in D11.5?
            Adam-C Level 2

If you're using Director MX2004 or 11 then _movie.frame should work fine - it always does for me anyway. the frame is the verbose syntax equivalent.

Do you generally use Lingo's dot-syntax or its verbose syntax? If the latter then I'm wondering whether the problem is occurring because the dot-syntax _movie.frame is causing an ambiguity within your verbose-syntax code.

Also, the problem may be that you're using the put command - this outputs a value to the message window, but doesn't make that value available to the rest of your handler or script.

The following should work just fine from a behaviour, then:

on printFrame me

printFrom(_movie.frame, _movie.frame)

end

(look-up printFrom() in the scripting dictionary to find out more about it)