3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 4:00 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere 9: how can I delete ghost images in the timeline?

henshusha-6Bg7AD

While working on a project on the timeline, I went back to an previous portion to edit and replace some video and audio clips. The 'video' clips are all still images saved in MS Paint. During that editing/replacing,some ghost images appeared in a gap. In other words, the timeline shows a gap in the video track, but when the current time indicator goes through the gap, images appear on the project screen. The images are of other screens in the project. Perhaps they were in those positions earlier. The delete and clear commands do not work with them. I tried deleting the actual images the ghost images are linked to but that just results in a 'media offline' warning. I also tried placing a different image on top of the ghost images but the ghosts override the new image. Here are some screen shots to illustrate.

In the screen below, the current time indicator (CTI) is in a video clip and that clip appears in the project screen.

ghost image 1.png

In the screen below, the CTI has been moved off the video clip into the start of the gap but a ghost image of that clip appears.

ghost image 2.png

In the screen below, the CTI has been moved again and a new ghost image appears.

ghost image 3.png

In the screen below, the CTI has been moved again and a further ghost image appears.

ghost image 4.png

In the screen below, the CTI has been moved to the start of the next video clip and that clip appears.

ghost image 5.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael