10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2011 5:27 AM by Steve Grisetti

Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files

Jubor469

can someone please tell me how I can stop ELEMENTS 9 on an iMac Lion from opening a "recently opened file" time & time again when I use the App? It's annoying the hell out of me. There is nothing in preferences that tel me how or where to stop it from happening!

Please help. sadly will uninstall PSE9 if this continues

• 1. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
          nealeh Level 5
          • Is it always the SAME project, or always the last used project?
          • What happens if, outside of PRE, you rename or move that project?
          • I have the Windows version rather than the Mac, so the UI may be different, but is this happening even when you select 'New Project'?

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
            Jubor469 Level 1

Hi Nealeh

It's always the last photo I have already editted. My PSE keeps a list of the last few pics I have editted and there is no way I can rid of these, short of deleting the pictures.

Each time I seem to open my PSE and load a picture, before my new pic shows up, Bingo, up come the last one I editted.

thanks for you help

• 3. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
              nealeh Level 5

I'm not sure I know which part of the software is giving you the problem. There are three components:

• Adobe Elements Organizer for managing your still, video and sound assets.
              • Adobe Photoshop Elements (usually abbreviated PRE) for editing still images from cameras, scanner, files.
              • Adobe Premiere Elements (usually abbreviated PSE) for video projects.

Which one is giving you the problem? (I'd assumed PRE as that is this forum, but now your are mentioning still pictures which may have made my assumption wrong).

Cheers,
              --
              Neale

• 4. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, make sure you're not looking at the Media panel (under the Organize tab) and presuming that these are files in your project.

The Media panel in version 9 is merely a link to the Elements Organizer program. It shows you files that are on your hard drive -- NOT files that are in your project. (Those are in the Project panel.) It's very confusing.

In version 10, Adobe corrected this and the Media panel in version 10 shows you only the media files in your project.

• 5. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
                  nealeh Level 5

nealeh wrote:

• Adobe Photoshop Elements (usually abbreviated PRE) for editing still images from cameras, scanner, files.
                  • Adobe Premiere Elements (usually abbreviated PSE) for video projects.

Ooops - got the abbreviations back to front. Should of course read:

• Adobe Photoshop Elements (usually abbreviated PSE).
                  • Adobe Premiere Elements (usually abbreviated PRE).

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale

• 6. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
                    Jubor469 Level 1

Hi Naleh & Steve,

Really appreciate you both taking the time. I have PSE 9 on my iMac Lion.

Essentially, assuming one has already edited a picture, it is saved, in my instance in iPhoto.

Now, later, perhaps minutes, perhaps hours later, I return to edit another picture.

In my case i do so my right clicking on the picture I want to edit, in my iPhoto album and then before this new picture is opened, the last picture I editted rears its ugly head again. I scrath my head and wonder " why are you opening when I have already done you" ?

There is my problem in a nutshell!

I dont use the "organiser" nor do I particularly want to, I am happy with my pics stored and sorted in my iPhoto Albums

Cheers

• 7. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files

You're asking us for tech support on iPhoto?

Or Photoshop Elements?

You know this is a Premiere Elements forum, right?

• 8. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
                        Jubor469 Level 1

Oh Dear Me, apologies, wrong forums I guess, my stupid, will uninstall and go without, sorry guys, and thanks too

• 9. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files
                          Jubor469 Level 1

PhotoShop Elements 9 which I use in conjunction with my iPhoto

• 10. Re: Bad Dreams with Recently Opened Files

Here's the Photoshop Elements forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

Also note that you should not be using iPhoto's catalog with Photoshop Elements. Photo Elements creates its own catalog with its companion program, the Elements Organizer. If you go to the File menu on the Organizer and select Import Media, you can import your iPhoto catalog into your Organizer -- and you will no longer have the issues you're describing.