5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 10:47 AM by Anya Wong

Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0

Anya Wong

For some reason, i cannot get into the Organizer for my Adobe Premiere Elements ver 9.0.  The error message I get says "the organizer has stopped working" , windows can check online for a solution to the problem or it tells me to close the program.  When I check the view problems detail, I get a list.  Here are some of the listings:   Problem event name: APPCRASH    Application name: PhotoshopOrganizerElements.exe

Application timestart: 4ca3a3b5 which I don't know what any of the means.  Should I reinstall Adobe elements again?   Anya

• 1. Re: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0
          nealeh Level 5

Anya Wong wrote:

Should I reinstall Adobe elements again?

That's worth doing - if any Adobe files for organizer have beem corrupted a reinstall may solve the problem, Has organizer ever worked properly for you, or is this a new install?

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0
            Anya Wong Level 1

I've had Premier Elements for about 6 months now and have not had any problem with the Organizer until last week.

Do I need to reinstall the entire program or do I need to just install the Organizer portion of the program?

Anya

thank you for responding.

• 3. Re: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0
              Anya Wong Level 1

Hi - I took your advice and uninstalled premiere elements ver 9 and installed again ver 9 again.  I used both disks.  I run the program and use a previous project I saved on a portable hard drive.  I still get the error message about the Organizer has stopped working.  Although I notice I can still retrieve picutures and video from the get photos using the filtering features.  I am still not able to look into the Organizer without getting that message " elements 9 organizer has stopped working"  I see the same messages in the problem signature.  It's quite a list.  I wrote them all down. some of the messages are Program Event Name: APPCRASH      Application Timestamp: 4ca3a35b.  There are more messages.   Now I think their must be something wrong with my Windows program since I already reinstalled Premier elements 9 program again.  What do you think?

Anya

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:19:48 -0700

To: ah5wong@hotmail.com

Subject: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0

Re: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0

created by nealeh in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Anya Wong wrote: Should I reinstall Adobe elements again? That's worth doing - if any Adobe files for organizer have beem corrupted a reinstall may solve the problem, Has organizer ever worked properly for you, or is this a new install? Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4031951#4031951

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4031951#4031951. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 4. Re: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0
                Aniks Level 2

Anya,

Its just my guess, but maybe your catalog has become corrupted. Can you try launching Organizer after deleting/renaming your current catalog?

If you are working on WIN and haven't changed your default location for catalog, then it must be at : "%ProgramData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\<yourcatalog>" rename yourcatalog and try launching Organizer again.

Hope it might help.

Aniks

• 5. Re: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0
                  Anya Wong Level 1

hi Aniks

Most of the problem has been resolved.  When I open up the Organizer as a separate program , it works.  It also launches fine on the splash screen.  The problem occurrs when I open a project and then attempt to use the Organizer then I get that message.  I think you may be right.  Because I moved a lot of pictures around using Windows Explorer, many of my Projects cannot locate the files.  Now I try and use the Organizer to create and move files around.

Anya

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 05:08:37 -0700

To: ah5wong@hotmail.com

Subject: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0

Re: Problem with the Organizer for Premier elements ver 9.0 created by Aniks in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Anya,

Its just my guess, but maybe your catalog has become corrupted. Can you try launching Organizer after deleting/renaming your current catalog?

If you are working on WIN and haven't changed your default location for catalog, then it must be at : "%ProgramData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\" rename yourcatalog and try launching Organizer again.

Hope it might help.

Aniks

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4063985#4063985

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4063985#4063985. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.