3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2011 7:32 PM by Dave2GM

Brand New Nvidia Quadro 2000 + Pro CS5 = No playback!?

Dave2GM Level 1

Help, I just purchased a Nvidia Quadro 2000 today to improve my HD video editing experience using Pro CS5, but now that I've installed and updated all the graphics drivers ... when I load a project into Pro CS5 and click play .. nothing happens! I can't watch any of my movies! I can scrub through them but there is no play back in either of the windows.

Do I have to change any settings to take advantage of the Mercury playback engine and Cuda etc?  PLEASE HELP.

• 1. Re: Brand New Nvidia Quadro 2000 + Pro CS5 = No playback!?
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Hi Dave,

While the Quadro 2000 is officially supported for Premiere CS5.5, I don't believe it was for CS5. This does not explain why you have no video preview - you should of course have Premiere functioning, but you just would not have the MPE GPU acceleration.

That said, there is a "software hack" that should enable MPE support for your card, see link - http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

Hope this helps

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 2. Re: Brand New Nvidia Quadro 2000 + Pro CS5 = No playback!?
            Dave2GM Level 1

I have now purchased and installed CS5.5.

I am still experiencing this issue. NVIDIA support have advised the following.

"The Quadro 2000 will automatically detect the fact that Premiere Pro CS5 is installed and will automatically configure the best settings to be used with Premiere Pro CS5 from the Quadro 2000 standpoint. Premiere Pro CS5 automatically detect that the graphics card is a Quadro 2000 and will be set to use the CUDA Cores. The fact that you cannot play any videos is something that I think you need to contact Adobe with. You should contact Adobe first so that they can determine of their software is configured correctly and that you are using videos of a supported format"

Can anyone here help me?

Issue: Video playback does not occur in either Source or Program monitors.

Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

This issue was experienced only after I purchased an NVIDIA Quadro 2000, ironically so that I could experience improved HD video editing (Mercury playback, CUDA etc).

Nvidia Quadro 2000 drivers: Driver Provider NVIDIA / Driver Date 3.11.2011 / Driver Version 8.17.12.7628

Windows 7 64bit

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

• 3. Re: Brand New Nvidia Quadro 2000 + Pro CS5 = No playback!?
              Dave2GM Level 1

Meh, don't worry everyone. I didn't do anything and all of a sudden its working.