2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2011 10:23 AM by Observer13

Have you seen the occupyflash.org web site?

FXComps

Dear Flash & Flex developers,

have you seen this web site?

occupyflash.org

After killing Flash Player on mobile platforms (and I'm very said that Adobe has given up) these guys want to bury it forever.

But why do they want to kill it? I will want to react it as a Flex developer.

Quote:

"Flash Player is dead.  Its time has passed. It's buggy.  It crashes a lot.  It requires constant security updates.  It doesn't work on most mobile devices.  It's a fossil, left over from the era of closed standards and unilateral corporate control of web technology. Websites that rely on Flash present a completely inconsistent (and often unusable) experience for fast-growing percentage of the users who don't use a desktop browser. It introduces some scary security and privacy issues by way of Flash cookies.

Flash makes the web less accessible.  At this point, it's holding back the web."

Its time has passed.

In RIA development I don't think so. Flex is very good. It has a few annoying bugs, but every environment has bugs.

It's buggy.

It has bugs. Yes. Flex, too. Adobe should take more care of it's product. I have waited 3 years for a critical bug fix.

It requires constant security updates.

Every product has security updates. Even Linux.

It doesn't work on most mobile devices.

I'm very-very sad. Latest news confirmes this. Adobe has given up further development of mobile flash player. One of my best friends is a flash game developer. He wanted to change to mobile development.

It's a fossil, left over from the era of closed standards and unilateral corporate control of web technology.

Adobe must consider to release the player under an open source license.

I don't want to analyze the whole site. I only want to warn the community. Adobe should protect it's product and it's community.

Any opinion?

Laszlo