This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
I am having the same issue as well (adding a FW slide show in a .php page) I was able to copy the source code and the style sheet into the php page but it still didn't work. doesn't anyone know how to integrate the FW slide show into a .php page.... Need you help
Which Slideshow template?
To customize the templates Try this:
1. Browse to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS3\Configuration\Commands\players\ folder and duplicate the template folder you are using.
Example if it's dream_green template, then duplicate it and rename it to something like my_dream_green.
2. Next copy the swfobject.js file to the my_dream_green/scripts folder.
3. Next, go to the my_dream_green/ folder and open dream_green.xml file in your fav editor.
In this file, change the Player Name from Dreamworld - Green (Flash) to My Dreamworld - Green (Flash) so you can distinguish it from the Slideshow preset list.
4. Still in the dream_green.xml file change <File src="scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" dst="scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js"/> to <File src="scripts/swfobject.js" dst="scripts/swfobject.js"/>
Close/save the xml file.
Close/save index.html file.
Re-run the Fw Slideshow preset - abviously, in my case, it should be the (custom) My Dream Green template.
Repeat 1-5 for the other Flash templates. Ensure to copy them first so as to not muck up the originals.
hope this helps.
Problem Solved!!!!! (well for me)
This is how it work for me. (I'm using Mac OS)
1. create the album in fireworks and save it to a folder (on your desktop or where you desire)
2. after you export the album to your desired folder open the folder and right click on the .html file and open it in DW
3. in design view you will see a yellow border around the content on the page - click the yellow border and go to code view.
4. you will notice what is selected all all the code in the body tag.
5. copy all that selected code between the body tag and open the page you want to insert the album.
6. click your cursor where you want to insert he album and switch to code view.
7. paste the code you copy form the .html page to your .php page in code view. (make sure you copy and past in code view mode)
8. switch back to the .html album and in code view go to the head taga and copy all the code in the code between the head tags (note: you don't need to copy this text <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" /> form the head tag)
9. after you copy the code form the .html page just go to your .php page and paste the code in the head of your .php page
10. final step: open the folder where you export the album and select all the files except the .html and go to you website root folder and paste all the selected files in the folder. refresh the folder in dreamweaver and save the .php page - preview it in a browser and you should now have the album slide show integrated into your browser and working ok. (well for me it did)
Let me know how this work for you....
The first one didn't work for me but the second one did. I only want to use the player_black. There is not an index.html file in this one nor in the dreamweaver one. I didn't try the other templates.
On the second one I did get it to work but am not understanding why it only works with the xml file in the directory root. I moved the images and the player_black.swf to another folder and as long as I keep the xml file in the root this will work. If I move the xml to the same folder as the swf file whether it is updated or not the slideshow does not work.
Code for xml is attached.
If you move the outputted files you have to make changes to your directive references.
could you tell me what directive I would change if I moved the slideshow.xml file to another folder? I cannot find where to make any changes to this file.
Your best to keep the xml file in the root of the site so you won't have to rework it.