0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2011 9:51 AM by glosstud

Batch Convert ,mov to ?

glosstud Level 1

Hi all, for those of you that may have been reading my post on losing video previews on here, you will know why I am asking this question.

My problem is this..Any footage I have either stock or homemade in . mov format with an RGB+Alpha will not reload my preview renders. If I convert said files to a png with rgb+a then they are fine. But I do not really want to go down the route of converting to png format for the following reasons.

1. I would prefer a 1 clip = 1 file

2. I dont want to have to add tons more folders in folders

3. Keeps house keeping a lot tidier on my drives.

Many of my clips are in 720p with no audio, but I usually work in 1080p ( should of bought the 2k footage i know, but too late now) However due to the nature of the clips I can get away with upscaling to 1080 and feathering where required.

But I do not want to loose any quality that I have.

So any reccomendations as to the best way to do this to about 1000 clips, while still preserving quality and keeping each clip as a single file rather than a sequence of frames.

I am on a mac with production premium cs5.5.2 and also have cs5 masters collection if needed.

Anything that will do a a conversion and replace the original file would be good, and also must be PP and AE friendly as well as adobe bridge friendly.

Many thanks.

Dave.

ps I always get the urge to put a X after my name lol..must have spent too much time on one of those dating sites in the past.