You can't feather a photo, but you can feather a selection.
What are you trying to do?
I have a rectangle photo and i want ti feathet the edges to white. Like to go from the photo to flair to white if the oaper or what other color that i use when printing,
Click on link for print screen
- Duplicate background layer
- Place a blank layer between background and background copy layers
- Shut off visibility of background layer by clicking on its eye icon
- Select the blank layer (Layer1)
Access the rectangular marquee tool, drag out a rectangle within the picture, not all the way to the edges
Press ALT+backspace on the keyboard to fill Layer 1 with black
- Group the top 2 layers (Layer>create clipping mask)
- Select layer 1 again and blur (Filter>blur>gaussian blur - try 25)
Place a blank layer between the background layer and layer 1 (this will be layer 2) and fill with white (Edit>fill layer>white)
Please report back with your progress.