2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 9:48 AM by Nils Dunsche

just another avchd-built

Nils Dunsche

Hi,

I d like to have your comments on this AVCHD-Editing PC Build I am doing for friend. Budget <1300$ (<1000€). I already read the "How to"-Threads in the forum, so here are my results:

Core i7 2700K 4x 3.50GHz

Scythe Mugen 2 REV B

(for the moment) 1000GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ for Video (I will use a 320 GB HDD 7200 for OS from another system and will buy at least 2 more HDDs, when the prices get down)

16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600

1024MB Asus GeForce GTS 450 DirectCU Silent Passiv

Asus P8P67 Intel P67 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX

750W Corsair ATX Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 12cm (82+)

Lancool K58

I am not shure, if the CPU is to oversized for a non-Raid system (in terms of system-balance). Maybe a i5 2500k would be sufficient (and safe 150 $).

Thanks for your suggestions!

• 1. Re: just another avchd-built
          Zoop studio Level 1

For AVCHD it's not oversized at all, for smooth AVCHD edditing it's recommeded to overclock your system as well.

Because of the heavy decoding of AVCHD wich is done by your cpu. 

I have almost the same system build last month, overcloocked to 4.4Ghz on the AsusP8Z68 Vpro mobo with the 1 button auto tune (very easy) and lot of SATA connections

I won't recommend a passive cooled GPU card, I have a Gygabyte 2 fan GTS 450 OC2 because of the 2 fans it's quiet.

If you swap the SSD for 3 or 4 more disks your much better of, there's no benefit of an SSD in a Premiere pro edit machine.

• 2. Re: just another avchd-built
            Nils Dunsche Level 1

Thank you, Luc. I guess I will switch to the dual fan Gigabyte card. I already have a Gigabyte GTX 460, which is realy quiet.

I am not planning with a SSD at the moment, but I will add more HDDs as soon as the prices decrease.