1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2011 1:49 PM by areohbee

OS X Lion issues with ImageMagick, qlmanage

johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

The following might help other plugin authors who rely on ImageMagick or use OS X's "qlmanage" utility:

One of my plugins encountered some intermittent problems when users upgrade to OS X Lion:

- The ImageMagick program "composite", which was built and statically linked from a 2010 version of ImageMagick, would sometimes fail with the error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libclparser.dylib

Googling showed that lots of people encountered this, and rebuilding from the latest version of ImageMagick fixed the problem.  No idea why it struck some Lion installations and not others.

- The Mac OS program "qlmanage" extracts Quick Look thumbnails into PNG files, and in Lion, it sometimes (but not usually) writes an ICC profile into the PNG metadata that Lightroom and Photoshop consider invalid (Lightroom provides an unhelpful message, but Photoshop is explicit).  I don't know if in fact it was invalid, since Safari, Firefox, and other Mac and Windows color managed programs don't complain about the profile.  The workaround for me was to strip the profile using the "-strip" option of ImageMagick.