2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2011 4:24 PM by Jim_Simon

HuffYUV in Win64

Colyn E.

Hello. I've seen this issue in a few other forums, but no methods have gotten me to my final target of being able to edit HuffYUV video (1080 24p) in Premiere or After Effects. I tried huffyuv-1.3.1, huffyuv-2.1.1, and huffyuv64. I have read that the first two are 32 bit codecs, and I am running Windows 7 64, but there is a DOS workaround that people seem to swear by:

After installing the codec...

1) Enter CMD as Administrator (CMD, cntrl+shft+enter) and access cd c:\windows\syswow64

2) Run the following command: rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 c:\huffyuv.inf

That last file path in step 2 actually depends on where huffyuv has been installed (mine shifted between C: and another local). After doing this, my VLC player can play this media much better than before, but no other players (Quicktime, WMP) will interpret the footage, and imports into either Premiere or AE yield the same prompt: "Unsupported format or damaged file."

I realize I am trying out many different versions, and was sure to delete all before trying a new one, but I feel as though I am missing something else. Can anybody advise?

Thanks,

Colyn