2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2011 3:44 PM by jmpreston

Edit iPhone 4S video soundtrack in Premiere Pro 5.5?

jmpreston

When I import iPhone 4 and 4S video into a timeline there is no audio track.  It appears to be compressed into the video track.  I want to remove the audio.  I know, put a finger over the mic when recording, but I have videos with audio that I want to use.

I tried the File / Import and drag and drop to New Item from Bridge.  Neither separates the audio track from the video. Over an hour of online research and no hints to work with.

Any ideas?

- Jim

• 1. Re: Edit iPhone 4S video soundtrack in Premiere Pro 5.5?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Do these Imported Clips come onto the Timeline with both a Video and an Audio Stream? Note: you may have to scroll the vertical display on the Timeline, to see all Tracks. If, say your Sequence only had stereo (2-channel) Audio Tracks, and the iPhone has mono (1-channel), the PrPro created a 1-channel/mono Audio Track, and it will be at the bottom of the stack of Audio Tracks, so you just might not be seeing it, until you do a vertical scroll.

Am I correct, that it is the Audio from the iPhone, that you wish to Delete?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Edit iPhone 4S video soundtrack in Premiere Pro 5.5?
            jmpreston Level 1

Embarrassing but thanks Bill.  I forgot about the mono issue since I never shoot with it, well, never until a few days ago when I bought an iPhone 4S.  I suspected the audio track was hidden but not on my timeline :-)  Thanks!