2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2011 7:13 PM by the_wine_snob

Please help, project won't load

kimmylynn80

I've worked for months on this project, compiling video and photos of my son's first year.  I made an awesome video, I honestly saved every 3 minutes if not more frequently.  I FINALLY finshed earlier today, I went to burn it to a disc and it knocked down my whole computer and now the file won't re-load it comes up with the photos and videos in the "task bar" area on the right but doesn't show my final product.  It has a red screen come up and saying Media offline.  I am devistated and just don't know where to begin.  any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sadly... Kim

• 1. Re: Please help, project won't load
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Go to the Auto-Save folder. It's in the same folder on your hard drive as your project file is in. You'll find a number of recent Auto-Saves of your project that should open and you can use in place of your corrupted file.

Assuming, of course, the corruption wasn't caused by something else going on on your computer like a lack of hard drive space or hard drive that's formatted FAT32 rather than NTFS.

• 2. Re: Please help, project won't load
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If your computer crashed, then I would see this ARTICLE, as it sounds like more is going on, than you might realize.

I think that Steve's suggestion on looking at AutoSave PREL's is a good one too, but it could well be that the AutoSaves were Saved over.

Good luck,

Hunt