Try running Permissions Reset Utility from Disk Utility amd after restart try launching the Illustrator.
If that doesnt work try & make sure the current user and admin has full right on the Adobe Directories in MAC as below.
/Applications/.AdobePatchFiles (hidden, use Go > Go to Folder command)
/Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/
If you or anyone else is still having an issue with this, I suspect that you are using TeamViewer on the computers with the problem. If so, the problem is an incompatibility between TeamViewer's QuickConnect feature and Illustrator (and also, for those that have it, Flash Pro*). Below is a four-step work-around to the problem.
- From the TeamViewer menu select "Extras" and then "Options".
- From the TeamViewer options window click the "Advanced" side-tab and then the "Show advanced options" button.
- Under "General advanced settings", next to "QuickConnect button", click "Configure...".
- Add "illustrator.exe" to the list (and "flash.exe" if you have it installed*).
If you found this helpful, please vote accordingly.
Good luck, all.
* Zotovs, Antons, SntaCruz83, and Wolfen_R. "Adobe Forums: AdobeOwl.dll_unloaded - Help Needed." Adobe Forums. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Sept. 2012. <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4131161>.