1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2011 8:10 PM by kglad

Mobile App Questions?

dell0989

I have a few questions before I begin to create an app with Flash.

1)Can I make a calculator that you input a number and it automatically multiplies by a set number? (As in, If I input 5, and it multiplies by 5 every time I type in a number)(EX 5x5=25   6x5=30)

2)Can I make a timer into the app that plays a chime when the timer is done?

3)Can I make a scrolling list of items? (Like a spreadsheet. The page changes to the spreadsheet, and you can scroll down it.)

4)Can I have it remember stats typed into the app?(As in how much money a person has, or how much EXP a player has?)

If you can answer these questions and possibly explain to me how to do these, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Alex

• 1. Re: Mobile App Questions?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1)Can I make a calculator that you input a number and it automatically multiplies by a set number? (As in, If I input 5, and it multiplies by 5 every time I type in a number)(EX 5x5=25   6x5=30)

yes, use a textfield and with a texfield change event listener.  cast the text property of your textfield as a number using the Number() function.

2)Can I make a timer into the app that plays a chime when the timer is done?

yes, use the timer class and the sound class

3)Can I make a scrolling list of items? (Like a spreadsheet. The page changes to the spreadsheet, and you can scroll down it.)

yes, you can use the list component or a textfield with a scrollbar

4)Can I have it remember stats typed into the app?(As in how much money a person has, or how much EXP a player has?)

yes, the sharedobject would be the easiest way to save stats
          1 person found this helpful