3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 7:07 AM by Steve Werner

block page scrolling in pdf

aniabania

hi all,

this is my very first post so please have indulgence

i've been wondering is there a way to disable autoscrolling in an exported pdf? what i want to achieve is an interactive multipage pdf, where pages can be turned only after pressing a dedicated button. as it is, after opening the exported pdf in acro reader, the pages can not only be turned with this button, but also by mouse scrolling or clicking anywhere on the page. can i somehow disable it?

best,

ania

• 1. Re: block page scrolling in pdf
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You haven't told us what version of InDesign you're running. The answer depends on the version.

If you have InDesign CS5 or 5.5 and you choose File > Export > Adobe PDF (Interactive), you can choose the Layout (single page or scrolling) and the magnification of the initial view.

If you do not, you'll need to set it in Acrobat Pro in File > Properties after you export the PDF file.

In either case, you can't disable scrolling, you can only set the initial view. Your viewer can set whatever viewing they wish.

• 2. Re: block page scrolling in pdf
            aniabania Level 1

thank you!

i'm working on cs5, but at the moment don't have access to it, so it's just off the top of my head.

i wanted my exported pdf to open automatically in full-screen mode (which i managed to do) and use only specified hyperlinks for navigation (i.e. go to the next page, or go to page x). if i got you right, this is impossible. could i achieve this exporting to swf?

• 3. Re: block page scrolling in pdf
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

While you can open the file in an interactive PDF in full screen mode, you can't restrict people to doing it.

Exporting SWF files have their own limitations (doesn't work unless you have access to Flash, for example). You have to figure out what your audience will prefer to use.