3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 7:53 AM by the_wine_snob

Selecting correct settings for a new project

SOLLAGU

I'm about to start my first project using Premiere Elements and the final output for the project will be need to be a H264 or a “WMV” file which which can be uploaded to an FTP site.  It will also be displayed in front of a group on a screen (size is 7.5’x10’.)

What is the most optimal project settings I should use when I start the new project?  Something in the AVCHD catagory?  (Using NTSC).

Thanks!

(Sorry...this was a repost...I accidently posted in the PS forum at first).

• 1. Re: Selecting correct settings for a new project
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your project settings are determined by your source video, not your output.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and, if it shoots in more than one format, which settings did you use in the camcorder?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Selecting correct settings for a new project
            SOLLAGU Level 1

I'm actually just using slides (jpegs) w/ an audio voiceover.  No recorded video.

My fear is that some of the jpegs were from a powerpoint presentation and I'm worried about the images flickering.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Selecting correct settings for a new project
              the_wine_snob Level 9

With ONLY Still Images and Audio, you can go with 1920 x 1080, full HD, at either 30 FPS (NTSC), or 25 FPS (PAL), depending on where you live.

For the images, I would see this ARTICLE. Note: it was originally written when SD was the norm, but as HD took over, the sizes were bumped up to include that, as well.

PowerPoint images can be problematic, but recent versions of the program can Export the slides as TIFF Images. I would keep as much of the material, as possible in TIFF, PNG, or Photoshop's native PSD. Unless you have to start with JPEG, I would not Save any Images as JPEG, to keep that compression step out of the mix. Many have found that with PowerPoint slides, they are better off starting from scratch, and building those in Photoshop, or perhaps Illustrator. If you do go with Illustrator, or a similar Vector Art program, I would Import them into Photoshop, and do the Rasterization there, rather than Import the AI Images into PrE, and use it for the Rasterization.

If you have any music (your narration should be in PCM/WAV to begin with), I would convert that to PCM/WAV, if it's say MP3.

Good luck,

Hunt