• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you reduce the image size?

New Here ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need some help. New user of Captivate. System restrictions on the size of a published section is 1000k. Need to create demo using photos. Largest section has 26 images layered and timed to produce a demo. Have reduce most to (33-48k). Any way to reduce them more.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Need some help. New user of Captivate. System restrictions on the size
> of a
> published section is 1000k. Need to create demo using photos. Largest
> section
> has 26 images layered and timed to produce a demo. Have reduce most to
> (33-48k). Any way to reduce them more.
>

Hard to begin without knowing:-

- what the images are
- pixel size
- what format
- what you tried already
- how much image degradation you are willing to swallow

Realistically, none of that can be answered without actually having your
images to play with.

Steve

--
http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999

Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2008 Jul 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve

Is there a limited number of images that can be used on one slide? It seem to show images 1-4 and then hangs up for some reason (images are timed at .05sec). If I click pause on the skin and click play it will play to the last image. Any ideas as to why it is hanging on that slide? I'm I missing a setting of some type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2008 Jul 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitch

Normally a slide pauses when one of the following objects exists on it:

* Click Box
* Button
* Text Entry Box

Does the slide in question have any of those objects?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,
Just bear in mind that if you are using this presentation/video over the web, the pictures don't need to be more then 72 dpi. Get someone with Photoshop to reduce your picture file size to the right dimensions and lower pixels, it will work better. Higher dpi is for printing, but monitors can't really distinguish higher than 72, it just slows everything down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angie

I'm confused as to how dpi factors into a pausing slide.

Care to expound?

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sailing_a_Puma26 asked the original question, which was ...
quote:

Need some help. New user of Captivate. System restrictions on the size of a published section is 1000k. Need to create demo using photos. Largest section has 26 images layered and timed to produce a demo. Have reduce most to (33-48k). Any way to reduce them more.
That question has to do with the project "hanging" when a number of images are placed on it, timed to display in turn (see reference to "layered", if I understand it correctly). Specifically, I believe the question asked if there was a way to reduce image sizes(?) (I can't see anything about deliberately pausing the slide by placing interactive elements on it.)

arellar1966's reply assumed it was an issue with the file-size of those multiple images. His or her effort to help went directly to the question.

I agree with Mr. Howard that more information is probably needed, but it seems to me that everyone is addressing the question of file-size causing a computer hangup, not an interactive element. Then again, I could be out in left-field, too. Might be better for all if the problem were re-stated somewhat more clearly. Back to sleep now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Larry

I agree with Mr. Howard that more information is probably needed, but it seems to me that everyone is addressing the question of file-size causing a computer hangup, not an interactive element.

Sure, initially on May 29. And it ended there until yesterday when Mitch popped back in to ask why something may be hanging. I've never known an image of any size to hang Captivate. But we learn new things every day.

I suppose only Mitch can answer whether there was another object such as was mentioned that caused the pause to occur. Would be interesting to find out, as more than a month has transpired since the original post was made.

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources