3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 2:09 PM by bobbymacd1978

Is there a MONO audio setting in PE 10?

bobbymacd1978 Level 1

My AVI files which were transferred from tape have audio coming out of the right channel only.  In creating projects, is there a way to set the audio output to MONO so that I can get sound out of both channels?  I only see options for Dolby Stereo, PCM stereo, and MPEG stereo.

Any help any help is appreciated!

• 1. Re: Is there a MONO audio setting in PE 10?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No. But you can use the Fill Left or Fill Right Audio Effects to spread the audio from one channel across both.

• 2. Re: Is there a MONO audio setting in PE 10?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If you have only a 1-channel (mono) Audio Stream, and the Fill-Right, or Fill-Left*, is not getting you what you need, one other method would be to Duplicate your mono Audio Clip, and place it onto another 1-channel Audio Track. Then, go into Audio Mixer and Pan one mono to the Right, and the other to the Left. I would not Pan 100% for either, just so that you have a little Phantom Center in the resultant mix-down. This can be very useful.

One can also use an audio-editing program, like Adobe Audition, or even the great, free Audacity, to create the 2-channel (stereo, or dual-mono) Audio file, by doing about the same thing, as described above for Audio Mixer.

* A problem can arise, if one has only a true 1-channel Audio Stream. The Fill-Right, or Fill-Left, works fine, if one has a 2-channel Audio file, with only the one Audio Stream, i.e. one channel has Audio, and the other one is silent.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Is there a MONO audio setting in PE 10?
              bobbymacd1978 Level 1

That did the trick!  Thanks Steve.