4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2011 8:03 AM by Production Monkey

enlarging stage size from the center

clangton Level 1

I have an older project that uses 640 x 480 movie size. I want to change it to a larger size like 800 x 600. The problem in when I change the movie size, all action is no longer centered.

Is there anyw ay I can change the movie size so my center point stays the same. In other words, the stage uses my old center point as the reference and all old action stays centered?

I dont need to change any of the sprite sizes, only the stage.

Thanks for your help.

Charan

• 1. Re: enlarging stage size from the center
          Wolfgang Herold Level 2

you can select all items on the timeline  ( crtl+a) and move them by shift-clicking the up-down-left-right-keys by 10points/click or only this keys by 1 point/click.

That moves all items, not onle the ones that are visible on the current frame.

regards

Wolfgang

• 2. Re: enlarging stage size from the center
            clangton Level 1

The only problem is that I have over 200 movies in the project. I tried just the approach you are suggesting but often moving all sprites was a slow and jerky process. Its also not accurate. The best thing would be to just change the stage size relative to the old center registration point. But the movie size wont allow me to do that. It just change the x and y axis positions.

Surely there must be some way in Lingo to change the stage size and have it be centered where you want? I am pretty sure I am not the only one who wants to upgrade their old movies to the new larger screens.

Any other odeas?

Charan

• 3. Re: enlarging stage size from the center
              jchunick Level 2

Sure, there's probably code you could write, but that would be something you would have to write for your situation. You could probably search here or the Direct-L list to see if anyone in the past has asked a similar question or come up with a solution to a similar problem.

• 4. Re: enlarging stage size from the center
                Production Monkey Level 3

Here's a movie script that is hard coded to adjust the sprite locations. I just wrote it, so it is not thoroughly tested. Try it on copies of your movies.

Paste the following code in a Movie script. For each movie change the stage size to 800x600 and then type "fixScore()" and enter in the message window. Everything should be shifted correctly.

-- Movie Script

on fixScore

w = (800 - 640) / 2   -- width offset

h = (600 - 480) / 2   -- height offset

spOffSet = point(w,h) -- how much to adjust sprite loc.

TopSp = _movie.lastchannel

LastFrame = _movie.lastFrame

_movie.beginRecording()

-- examine every frame in the movie

repeat with FrameNum = 1 to LastFrame

go(FrameNum)

-- examine every sprite in every frame of the movie

repeat with SpNum = 1 to TopSp

sp = sprite(SpNum)

if sp.member <> (member 0 of castLib 0) then --  only adjust sprites with members

sp.loc = sp.loc + spOffSet  -- found sprite that needs location changed

end if

end repeat

_movie.updateFrame()

end repeat

_movie.endRecording()

end fixScore