2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 4:58 AM by 01af

Bug in Camera Raw

01af Level 1

I think this was introduced with ACR 6.6 RC ... but I'm not entirely sure, as the bug seems to be transient.

The problem basically is, when adjusting an image in Camera Raw and hitting Ctrl+Z while the preview is zoomed in to 100 % view or larger then the enlargement will snap back to "Fit in View". However this will happen only sometimes, not always. I have not yet found out which preconditions must be met in order for the bug to happen. The last thing I tried was a DNG 1.0 file from a Leica M9 camera, portrait orientation, cropped to 4:3 aspect ratio, some capture sharpening added (including Mask), preview enlarged to 400 % view. Upon trying to decide whether I want Colour Noise Reduction 10 or 20, I wanted to toggle between the two settings via Ctrl+Z but the preview kept switching back to "Fit in View" every time I hit Ctrl+Z.

The behaviour can sometimes be reproduced with other images from the same camera, and sometimes not. I wasn't able to reproduce it with images from other cameras ... not yet.

Operating system: MS Windows XP SP3 (32 bit)

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+

RAM: 4 GB installed, 3 GB used

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

• 1. Re: Bug in Camera Raw
          johnkwon9

Have you been able to reproduce this issue on images before/without applying a crop?

• 2. Re: Bug in Camera Raw
            01af Level 1

johnkwon9 wrote:

Have you been able to reproduce this issue on images before/without applying a crop?

No, I haven't. In fact, currently I am unable to reproduce the issue at all. I deleted the .8bi file of ACR 6.6RC and replaced it with a backup copy of the .8bi file of ACR 6.5, to check if the issue would appear with that version also (it didn't). Then I deleted the .8bi file again, to replace it with a backup copy of the .8bi file of ACR 6.6RC (I did not re-run the ACR setup procedure but just copied the .8bi files manually). Since then, the issue didn't appear anymore. It seems my original .8bi working file somehow was corrupted, and deleting and replacing it with a backup copy apparently solved the issue.

If the issue re-appears then I will report it here immediately.

EDIT: Umm ... I just found out what the "issue" actually is. It's just me. Hitting the Z key (without the Ctrl modifier) will select the Crop tool and zoom to "Fit in View" when a crop has been applied. So the issue appeared whenever I wanted to press Ctrl+Z but actually hit just Z inadventently (pressing the Ctrl key too late or not fully). So the issue is solved. Sorry for the flurry!