8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 5:28 AM by Steve Grisetti

I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?

alwest65 Level 1

(Mac User) Hi there, I have only PS6 and want to upgrade to PS10. I can see that there is a bundle of PS10 and Premiere Elements 10 so I feel I might as well get that. But will I end up with a PS6 upgraded to 10 and nothing else as I currently have no Prem Elements on my machine (to upgrade to Prem 10). The info on the site was not clear and an online discussion with a customer tech rep did not help. Basically will I end up with 2 fully working programs if I buy the bundle.

• 1. Re: I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Does PS6 mean Photoshop 6 or Photoshop Elements 6?

In any event, I don't think it will qualify for the "upgrade" but it's worth contacting Adobe and asking them about it.

"Upgrade" by the way is only a special price. You get complete copies of the programs, so you don't need to have the earlier versions of the program installed to install them.

• 2. Re: I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?
            David__B Adobe Employee

If you purchase a Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 bundle upgrade from (Photoshop Elements 6) you don't have to install both of the Elements 10 products, you can install Premiere Elements 10 only if you want. When you go to install there are separate installations for both Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 on the first installation DVD. Just install Premiere Elements 10 only if you prefer to continue using the older version of Photoshop Elements. I would recommend you install Photoshop Elements 10 to try it out though, you actually can have both PSE 6 and PSE 10 installed without issue. The older version of PSE6 did not include the Organizer portion so there is no overlap with installations and there are a lot of new features you'd be missing out on if you bought it and didn't use it. I recommend installing both PSE10 and PRE 10 and you could learn PSE10 at your leisure and continue to use PSE6 as needed.

-Dave

• 3. Re: I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

If that is the full Photoshop version 6, then there is probably no direct upgrade path to the PSElements/PrE bundle, BUT, you can keep PS 6 on the system, and it will coexist with PSE and PrE 10. Adobe is great, in that newer versions, even of the same program, will NOT overwrite existing Adobe programs. One can keep older versions installed, and this can be very useful. With PS, the full Photoshop, I have upgraded to most versions, since version 2.5. As I know the older version, I keep it around, until I learn the new one. This is helpful when a client calls at 4:00PM on a Friday, and tells you about some change, AND the messenger has been dispatched to pick up the changes on a disc. Then, though I might like some aspects of my updated version, I want to be working with an "old friend," to meet that deadline. For various reasons, I had PS (full version) 4, plus CS and CS2 installed. In the case of PS 4, it did one particular thing differently, than later versions, and I had one client, who had one client, who needed things THAT way. Though I had moved on to later versions, I kept PS 4 around for that one client, and then CS, until I knew CS2 intimately.

Now, there is one really good reason to buy the bundle of PSE and PrE, and that is that the Organizer allows one to do things that can be sent between those two programs. If one had, say PSE 8, and PrE 10, the direct links between those programs would not exist.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?
                alwest65 Level 1

Thank you for the replies  -

This from the adobe.com/uk site:  "You own any prior version of Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe PremE, or Adobe Photoshop Elements and Prem Elements' - Upgrade to Adobe PSE & PE bundle

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-premiere-elements/buying-guide.displayTab3.html

Yes I have photoshop 6 version and looking to upgrade to photoshop 10 (and if I get the Prem E 10 as part of a bundle that's a bonus) - Am I right in thinking that Prem E 10 would go on my mac okay despite me not having an earlier version of it? The above link seems to say this.

• 5. Re: I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?
                  alwest65 Level 1

I am being a bit thick here - I have photoshop elements 6 for the mac  ... (used to have the full photoshop 6 windows version)

• 6. Re: I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you contacted Adobe customer service and asked them? They are the ones who will have your answer.

• 7. Re: I only have PS 6 - can I bundle upgrade to PS 10 & Premiere Elements 10?
                      alwest65 Level 1

Hi Steve - yeah I was reluctant due to the cost of phoning - I have done so - it took 1 minute and 36 seconds to get through to someone because the automated voice system was useless. A five minute call in all which isn't too bad - a quid or so. The guy I talked to was great Shavin (possibly Shavim, the line was bad) knew his stuff and says it is possible to upgrade from PSE 6 to PSE 10/PremE10 bundle. Good to know. So for anyone who wants to know that is the answer. Thanks to all.