7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 6:19 PM by Szalam

AE 6.5 Black Video Screen Problem...

s_newman101 Level 1

Hello,

I have searched far and wide and called Adobe about this problem (6.5 support no longer available,) but can't seem to find a solution, so I'm looking for someone with a little bit of vintage knowledge. I am using AE 6.5 Standard on my Macbook Pro running snowleopard 10.6.8. I have installed all the most recent updates, and the card in the computer is a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT.

The problem--I open the program, and upon trying to make a composition with my video (which is 720 60p,) the program only shows a black screen where the video should be. The audio is still there as normal. This only started happening very recently, as I have used 6.5 with footage shot in this format for about two years with no problems. I have tried rendering a video out to a quicktime to see if it was simply a setting I had checked wrong, but the QT only contains the audio as well, black screen. I also tried reinstalling the program.

If anyone has any suggestions or possible soltuions, they would be much appreciated. I will provide a screengrab below.

Thanks,

Sam

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 5.07.51 PM.png