4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 3:29 PM by Jim_Babbage

I've deleted my Keyboard Shortcuts! Help.

BhambraBland

Hello,

A little while ago I accidently deleted my keyboard shortcuts. I have no idea how to get them back. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

• 1. Re: I've deleted my Keyboard Shortcuts! Help.
          BhambraBland Level 1

Never mind I just reinstalled Fireworks... :-(

These forums are terrible for quick answers lol

• 2. Re: I've deleted my Keyboard Shortcuts! Help.
            Jim_Babbage Level 4

This is a user to user forum. It is not staffed or monitored by Adobe employees; rather it is supported by volunteers, who donate their time (when they have it) to answering questions. Sometimes you can get lucky and receive a response very quickly, but these forums are not a place where quick turnaround to your question is guaranteed.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: I've deleted my Keyboard Shortcuts! Help.
              BhambraBland Level 1

To be honest I appreciate any help I get whether slow or fast. In this case though I kind of solved my own problem. It is funny though, there are lots of tuts about changing or editing keyboard shortcuts but  no resources for designers/developers to publish their xml edits for others to download and use. This surprises me somewhat. Anyway thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware it was a user to user forum.

• 4. Re: I've deleted my Keyboard Shortcuts! Help.
                Jim_Babbage Level 4

There is no real wizard for doing that, BUT it is doable. Open the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, and create a duplicate of one of the existing keyboard sets. Customize as needed. This creates an XML file buried in the User>Library> Application Support>Adobe>Fireworks CS5.1>en/keyboard shortcuts folder. Not sure where the equivalent folder is on Windows, tho. Then share that XML file. As long as other users put the file in the same location, they should be able to select it from their own Keyboard Shortcuts panel.

BUT do not delete an active keyboard set within that folder. On the Mac at least, FW coughed up an error when I did that and then tried to access the panel again.

HTH