Okay, finished a new build:
Intel Core i7 2600K processor
Asus P8Z68-V motherboard
Corsair 16 GB memory
Zotac GTX560 video card
OCZtech 60 GB SSD boot drive
2x Hitachi 1.5 TB 7200 hard drives
LG blu-ray burner
So the question is about the hard drive setup. Boot drive is pretty basic, with Windows 7 pro, CS5.5, firefox, and MS Office about the only things installed. So, two questions:
1. How do I change the boot drive so that things like "My Documents" is put on the D: or E: drive rather than the C boot drive? Is it a Windows thing or do changes need to be made within Office or Firefox?
2. How do I set up the two extra hard drives for Premier? The IT guy combined the two drives into one partition, which kindof defeats the point of having two drives, right? So we need to split those back out so there's a D & E drive and then I designate within Premier that the media cache and previews goes on one, and the storage & media & projects goes on the other? Do I need to do that within all the separate programs -- After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, etc. -- or can it be done all at once?
Thanks for any help!
2. Those disks are in raid0 and appear as a single disk, so all you need is to have the IT guy add another two disks in a similar raid0 and to add an external disk for your backups.
1. I'd leave it on C. Things can get messed up when you move that folder.
2. After separation of the drives, I recommend putting Projects and Scratch on D:, and Media only on the E: drive.