5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2011 5:26 PM by shooternz

Best Keyboard Customizations

Maribeth R Level 1

Please let me know what you find are the best keyboard customizations while editing in Pr.  /Just a side note: (I am also a Ps and Lr user.)/ 

I would like to know how everyone has the F1 - F12 keys set up.  I know of course that it is "customizable" and everyone's workflow is different, but I would love to see what works for others.  For starters, where do you put your 1.) cross fade/dissolve and 2.) audio/fade

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Best Keyboard Customizations
          lasvideo Level 4

Since after switching I have committed to learning all the facets of PrP, I just go with their standard key assignments. I boght a Logic Keyborad with the keycaps to enhance the learning curve.

• 2. Re: Best Keyboard Customizations
            Jim_Simon Level 8

I tend to use the default shortcuts.  Makes it easy for me to work when I have to edit on another machine.

• 3. Re: Best Keyboard Customizations
              shooternz Level 6

I tend to use the default shortcuts.  Makes it easy for me to work when I have to edit on another machine.

Put them on a stick and take them with you.

FWIW: Here is one Custom KBD set up I use a lot.

I have Number Keys 1 - 6 (not the Number Pad) customised to Toggle the Video Tracks 1 - 6 and Shift 1 - Shift 6 toggles the audio tracks. Makes targetting very simple.

For starters, where do you put your 1.) cross fade/dissolve and 2.) audio/fade

Those are "D" and "Shift D"by default.  No reason to re set them anywhere else.

• 4. Re: Best Keyboard Customizations
                Maribeth R Level 1

Thanks.  I like the number key tip for both audio and video. I didn't realize the D and shiftD

I have the EZ keyboard by Bella (older model 3101)

I need to take the time to set up all the time saving shortcuts.

Thanks for the tips.  If anyone has anymore, I would love to know about them. 

Also, what would that file looke like that would go on a flash drive/stick? What's the ext? .kys?  Where would you find it to drop it on to a stick? (I am only editing on 1 desktop and 1 laptop, but I would like to know)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889231 this thread has alot of arguing but in the end is the last post the way to do it?

• 5. Re: Best Keyboard Customizations
                  shooternz Level 6

I am not in front of an NLE right now...but I think the keyboard custom file is in the uers custom prefs / presets and it  has an extension such as .kbd (or similar and it is kind of obvious what it is for).