2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 5:42 AM by daley1980

pls help !!

daley1980

i have just bought sony prs-t1 i dont understand any of this and need help i have register with sony and ade on computer how does it get on reader and how do i get book on pls be patient i really dont no what im doing and just want to read pls help xx

• 1. Re: pls help !!
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Hi!

You're a pretty typical new ereader.  From what you've said, you bought an

ereader and want to start reading ebooks, but there aren't many

instructions or a 'how to do this' tutorial.  So, forgive me if my reply is

pretty basic.

First, don't believe the hype.  There is stuff in the background that's

pretty technical.  And it's stuff that makes the difference whether you can

use the T1 easily or not.

Next, there are particular steps you have to take in the process of

establishing a hookup to a source for ebooks.  Adobe Digital Editions is

part of that process because the publishing industry has set some standard

formats, and Digital Editions has been selected as the primary software to

use.

Third, and most important, each manufacturer of an ereader has something

proprietary built into it that will work on their sites, but not

necessarily on third party sites.  And there are lots of third party sites.

Starting at the beginning, you need to register the hardware with the

vendor - in this case, you should have some instructions in your package

with the T1 that tell you how to go online to the SONY website and register

your T1.  You'll have to use a User ID and a password to do this, and that

information will be key later on, when you try to go to SONY's Reader Store

or to a third party website.  After you've registered, the SONY website

will try to link you to the SONY Reader Store, and will want you to

download your ebooks from there.  That's OK, because it will be very easy

for you to follow their instructions.

If you want to go to a third party site to get an ebook, you'll have to

figure out what software is going to be involved.  Lots of websites are out

there, and you can do a Search on the Internet and find maybe 500 - or

5,000.  The problems that you'll encounter have to do with how those

websites transfer ebooks to you.  Some will link directly to your T1.

Others will call upon Digital Editions to interface with your T1 - and

right now, Digital Editions does not support the T1 (check the list of

Supported Devices in the Help section of Digital Editions ).  So

you'll go no farther with Digital Editions until they check the T1 out and

do what they need to do to support it.  Who knows when that will be....

The other place you might want to go is to the library.  Most libraries

will want you to use some form of software such as Digital Editions,

Overdrive or Bluefire Reader.  You should discuss what your library wants

you to use with their technical support people.  Some will download

directly to your ereader, and that would be the best situation.

Summing up, now that you have the ID for SONY, check out their website and

get ebooks from there for now.  Learn how the process works and enjoy

reading!  The rest can come later, after you've figured out what's involved

and how it all works for you.

Good luck!

================

• 2. Re: pls help !!
            daley1980 Level 1

thank u so much very apercutated i now have pubcil libary which i didnt have before x and choose my locel epub libariy but says about libarey card which i dont have how did i get 1 x