7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 2:58 PM by the_wine_snob

Windows keeps closing elements organizer

vickbing0

I have 9 and after reading the forums I found out I am not the only person to have problems with 9 organizer so I decide to try the 10 trial and see what happened.  Well it did load faster but I keep getting a message from Windows and I have to close the program. 

• 1. Re: Windows keeps closing elements organizer
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, is this the PrE Organizer, as there is a separate Organizer if one has both PrE and Photoshop Elements?

Next, what is the exact error message?

It might also be helpful if you could list the full specs. of your computer, and tell us your OS, and version.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Windows keeps closing elements organizer
            vickbing0 Level 1

Premiere Elements.  My OS is Vista.  I will have to wait to give you all the other information.  You are the first person to try to help and I appreciate that.

• 3. Re: Windows keeps closing elements organizer
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This forum is filled with people, who try to help all. Glad that you stopped by, and hope that we can get things sorted out for you.

Good luck, and just report back, when you have gathered the info.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Windows keeps closing elements organizer
                vickbing0 Level 1

Well, first of all, I made a rookie mistake.  I did not run updates.  I have the cnet tech tracker which I thought would let me know if there were any updates.  However, I guess that is not the case with Adobe.

After I had problems,  I read the forum posts about the organizer and just charged ahead with my posting.  As I was cruising the program last night I went through the drop down menu and found updates.  So far it seems to have solved the problem.

So to all who may have an issue with Adobe, try running updates first! 

Thanks to Bill for his attempt to help me! 

• 5. Re: Windows keeps closing elements organizer
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I have tried various updater utilities over the decades, and have never found one, that I would rely on. That can go for the OS too, when it comes to device drivers. Most are out of date by at least 6 mos., and will report, "oh, don't worry. You have the very latest driver for _______." Just is not so.

There may be good ones available, but after putting maybe two dozen through their paces, and that goes back a bit too, I have not been impressed by any.

Now, many (most?) Adobe programs can be set to automatically check for updates, though for the programs, that allow that, I keep the feature off, as invariably, it will want to update, while I am in the middle of something important. Every program, that has an auto updater, or even a function that checks for updats, gets turned off on all of my machines, and that includes Windows too. I just block off a half-day, maybe once per month, and then update everything. With Windows, I have it set to just give me a message that updates are available - but it not allowed to do anything, until I tell it to do so.

Hope that the update helped you. If not, do not hesitate to ask for assistance. That is what we like to do - get people up and editing.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Windows keeps closing elements organizer
                    vickbing0 Level 1

I do have one question and maybe it belongs in another thread but here

goes.  Can you change, blur or crop out unattractive backgrounds in

Premiere?

• 7. Re: Windows keeps closing elements organizer
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, but it can take a bit of work. There are also several ways to approach the aesthetics of doing so.

One of the best tutorials on Track Matte Keying was recently removed from the Internet, along with all the other, great Wrigley Video tutorials, but if you use a bit of imagination here, this ARTICLE gives steps on using Track Matte Keying to "Highlight a Moving Object," and just think of blurring the background, rather than darkening and lowering the Contrast, as per the article.

Another treatment, which is easier mechanically, but might take some deep thought on art-end of things, would be to use some background video, and turn it into an abstraction, then place the Video (the one with the background that you wish to eliminate), on top of it, to do a PiP. You could use the 4-Pt Garbage Matte, or the Crop Effect, to remove most of the offending background. This ARTICLE will give you a few ideas on "Abstract Background," though it was done with Still Images in mind.

Good luck,

Hunt