8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2011 12:00 PM by Ann Bens

CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters

ruzun Level 1

I have a project which has several clips using a video effect I no longer have on my new system.  When I load the project the effects tab on the timeline for each clip shows this missing plug in as Offline Filter, and I want to just clear it or delete it, the offline filter reference in the effects for this clip in the timeline.  Problem is the delete key does nothing and the clear option is greyed out.  It complains when I load the project about missing video filters/plugin, and the clips dont need this plug in anymore, but I can't seem to delete the reference to the missing plug in from the clip itself.

Best I can come  up with is delete the clip, then re-add it but this is VERY tedious, there are a LOT of projects like this with many many clips in them.

Is there some way for me to delete references to offline/missing plug ins for my clips in CS 5.5

-Roger Uzun

• 1. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
          Jim_Simon Level 8

The delete key has always worked for me.  Not sure why it won't here.  (You are selecting the effect in the Effects Control Panel?)

• 2. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to delete the missing effect from the clip(s) itself.

• 3. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
              ruzun Level 1

If I right click on the clip itself in the timeline and choose remove effects, then choose video effects, it removes all effects EXCEPT the offline effect I want to remove.  In the Effect Controls Panel that shows up when I select the clip I can remove any effect EXCEPT the Offline (filter unavailable) effect.   The delete key does NOT work when I select the Offline effect in the Video Effects area of the Effect Controls panel for the clip, and the Clear option is greyed out when I right click on the Offline (filter unavailable) effect.

Is there some window I am not using here?  Is there some way to remove the effect other than from the Video Effects area of the Effect Controls Panel?

-Roger Uzun

• 4. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
                Jim_Simon Level 8

What you're doing should work.  I don't know why it isn't.

• 5. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
                  ruzun Level 1

In many of my clips I now notice there are TWO Offline (filter unavailable) entries in the Video Effects are of the Effect Controls panel.  This is a project that originated in Premiere ELements and was then imported into CS5 and now into CS 5.5.  I never cleaned up the Offline stuff in CS5.

When I right click on clips in the timeline a greyed out effect called Object Tracking appears between ProcAmp and Motion.  Maybe this is from Premiere Elements somehow and cannot be removed?

One of the Offline (filter unavailable) entries DOES let me delete it as normal.  The other is right underneath ProcAmp and Above Motion, and it will NOT let me do anything with that one.

So one of the two Offline (filter unavailable) effects is acting normal, but the one below Procamp and Above Motion in the Video Effects list won't let me remove it.  Is this some holdover from Premiere Elements that I cant get rid of?

-Roger

• 6. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

I don't know Elements.  I wonder if that's one of the default effects, like Motion or Opacity in Pro, which simply can't be removed.

• 7. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
                      ruzun Level 1

The video filter I cannot remove in any way is AE.ADBE ObjectTracking.  is this something that came in from Premiere Elements that I have to live with forever?  Shouldn't CS 5 and CS 5.5 remove these missing but non-deletable filters when they import an elements project?

• 8. Re: CS5.5 Removing Offline Filters
                        Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No, as ik said before you have to remove it manually. I think you will have to live with it for this project, when starting a new project you wont get the message.