2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 7:09 AM by the_wine_snob

Problems with PrE10 - line tool in Titles does not work properly

Koscieliska Level 1

Firstly I have PrE8, then PrE9 and since the last week I have PrE10. To be honest with each next version (all of them are in my computer - perhaps they interfere  with each other?) I have more problems. One of the problems which I have with PrE10 is problems with Titles. They do not operate properly. For example I can not change the thickness of lines using the line tool. In the menu the relevant option does not work. Can someone help please.

• 1. Re: Problems with PrE10 - line tool in Titles does not work properly
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I checked out the line tool and it does work. Although, you're right, it works pretty strangely.

In order to change the Stroke Weight, you must apply a Text Style to the selected line that includes a stroke (outline).

But then changing the Stroke Weight changes how thick the line is AROUND the line!

That's not very helpful, and it sounds like what you're describing. However, if you make the stroke the same color as your fill, you can at least use the setting to change how thick the line is.

Weird.

• 2. Re: Problems with PrE10 - line tool in Titles does not work properly
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, the need to apply a Style with a Stroke, before you can change the Stroke, of apply a Style with Fill, before you can change the Fill (for Text, of Shapes, including the Line) is something that has never sat well with me, in PrE.

In PrPro's Titler (looks almost the same on the surface), one has access to Stroke, Fill, and all other attributes, irrespective of any Style applied.

The necessity of applying a Style first, is certainly counter-intuitive to me. I feel that Titler is a powerful little sub-app., but could be improved upon, in both PrE's version, and PrPro's version.

Just my thoughts,

Hunt