0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 8:46 AM by AvidEditor1996

Premiere Sequence Export XDCAM HD for Mira and Crossfire Click Effects

AvidEditor1996
      Hello, I wondered what the best was was to push XDCAM HD (Not XDCAM EX) Sequences from Premiere 5 on Mac to a Mira (by Abekas) PB server (will do native XDCAM HD) and a Crossfire Click Effects PB Server (will not do XDCAM HD Native , but does DVCPRO HD and XDCAM EX 35). I see that Media Encoder can set up watch folders..will it convert to MXF Op1a or AVI. Will it do MPEG 2 iFrame or DVCPRO HD in a .avi or XDAM EX 35?  Is anyone doing this workflow? Thanks.  This will be a push pull workflow and wondering how to get the XDCAM HD out of Premiere converted for the Crossfire without having to add a Flip Factory.

I just found this and it looks good: 

Note:  MXF is a container format. Adobe Media Encoder can encode and export movies in the Op-Atom variety of MXF containers using the DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, and DVCPRO100, and AVC-Intra codecs. Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2 and later) can export MXF files containing the MPEG-2 essence items that comply with the XDCAM HD format used by such systems as Avid Unity. The standalone Adobe Media Encoder can also export files in this format.