1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 9:54 AM by tasha112760

TOC issue in remote project when parent project references remote URLs

tasha112760

I have a parent project named parent.xpj with references to a remote project named remote.xpj using references in the TOC such as remote.chm::/Overview.htm. I have the remote project set to generate output to the parent folder, so I have parent.chm and remote.chm in the parent folder. The remote project does not define a TOC, per se. Instead, it references the parent TOC via

Project Set-up > Windows > main > Advanced Properties, where the Table of Contents field points to parent.hhc.

• 1. Re: TOC issue in remote project when parent project references remote URLs
          tasha112760 Level 1

Sorry, I wasn't done with the post. This issue is that when I generate the remote project, the TOC does not use the current parent.hhc. Instead, it uses an outdated version of the parent.hhc that existed in the folder previously. Fine. You'd think I could just replate the parent.hhc in the remote folder with the newly generated parent.hhc from the parent folder. That's where the trouble comes. When I do that, the TOC tab disappears completely in the remote.chm. I looked at the contents of the existing parent.hhc in the remote folder and see that it is in html format:

<html>

<!-- Sitemap 1.0 -->

<object type="text/site properties">

<param name="SiteType" value="toc">

<param name="Font" value="Verdana,10,0">

<param name="Window Styles" value="0x800427">

<param name="ExWindow Styles" value="0x100">

</object>

<ul>

<li><object type="text/sitemap">

<param name="Name" value="Overview">

<param name="Local" value="parent.chm::/Overview.htm">

</object>

whereas the new parent.hhc is in XML format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<toc version="1.0">

<properties font="Verdana,10,0" windowstyles="8389671" exwindowstyles="256">

</properties>

<item name="Overview" link="Overview.htm">

</item>

Note that both projects were upgrade from RoboHelp 7 to RoboHelp 8.

So can anyone help me understand how I can get the remote project to use the updated TOC from the parent project?

Thanks.