3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2011 12:29 PM by David__B

can i upload photos to the adobe creative cloud so i can access them in photoshop touch?

joelpstouch

using photoshop touch on my android tablet (motorola xoom), i can't seem to directly access photos located in various folders on the tablet, on my pc, or on my mac.  if i upload photos to the adobe creative cloud, can i then bring them from the creative cloud into photoshop touch on the tablet?  if so, how do i upload photos to the creative cloud?  thanks.

• 1. Re: can i upload photos to the adobe creative cloud so i can access them in photoshop touch?
          David__B Adobe Employee

Hi Joel,

You should be able to access them locally provided they are in the correct location. Some others solved such problems by resetting their device, see this thread for more info.
          http://forums.adobe.com/message/4040686#4040686

I created a demo of how to upload photos from a tablet to the Creative Cloud and then re-import them back into Adobe Photoshop Touch for you here
          http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1353

Hope that helps

-Dave

• 2. Re: can i upload photos to the adobe creative cloud so i can access them in photoshop touch?
            joelpstouch Level 1

thanks, dave ... your demo is what I needed ... much appreciated.

however, if i try to upload to the creative cloud using a motorola xoom,

there seems to be a very limited number of folder/file choices/locations

from which i can perform the upload, whereas if i attempt the same action

by accessing the creative cloud site via a pc browser, i seem to have

access to all of the pc's folders & files.

specifically, if i attempt to upload from the xoom, here are the choices

provided ...

- Camera

- Camcorder

- Sound Recorder

- ASTRO

- Bluetooth File Transfer

- ES File Explorer

- Gallery

- QuickPic

- Select music track

... of course some of these are android apps i've installed onto the xoom

... but are you aware of any reasons for this limitation, and whether this

set of choices can be modified (either via photoshop touch or the creative

cloud or the xoom)? for example, i use dropbox on all my devices (pc, mac,

droid, & xoom), & it's my preferred location for many pics ... i'd like to

be able to upload from dropbox to the creative cloud using photoshop touch

on the xoom ... do you know whether this is possible, and if so, how to do

so?

again, many thanks!

joel

• 3. Re: can i upload photos to the adobe creative cloud so i can access them in photoshop touch?
              David__B Adobe Employee

Hey Joel,

What specific directory were you attempting to access on the tablet which you were unable to reach? On the workflow I created in the demo I chose Gallery, you could just as easily choose ASTRO or ES Files Explorer though which should allow you to access to all the different directories on the device. Dropbox uses another cloud based file storage service, so I would think you would need to transfer files to be on the local device before you could access them.

Hope that helps

-Dave