3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2011 12:43 PM by Ned Murphy

Preloader assets not showing up

SCgroove

Greetings. I am working on a website that uses flash for everything. There is little HTML ... anyway, since it is such a massive main file, the client requires a preloader. I searched for some code and inserted it. It seems to be working fine. The only weirdness is, i can't get the "Loading Module" animation and the dynamic text box used to show loading status to show up on the stage. Instead what appears there is some kind of bizzarre animation that just uses little circles as an animation. Sounds crazy i know, but you can see it at the following link.

http://www.savagepixels.com/jurek/

My question is, has anybody encountered this?  I don't have anything even closely resembling the circle animation on the stage ... not sure where that's coming from.  What I do have is a movie clip that flashes the words "Loading Module" on the stage along with a dynamic text box that is supposed to update with an integer representing the amount of the movie loaded. Should look like this:

Loading Module

100%

None of that shows up and I don't know why. Obviously I've checked to make sure nothing is covering those layers in my palette. It's just weird. Where is my assets? And where did this circle animation come from.

Here's my preloader code, but as I said before, it all seems to work save for the displaying issue.

stop();

import fl.events.ComponentEvent;

addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, scPreloader);

function scPreloader (event:Event):void {

var bytestotal = stage.loaderInfo.bytesTotal;

var bytesloaded = stage.loaderInfo.bytesLoaded;

var pctLoaded:int = bytesloaded * 100 / bytestotal;

this.pct_txt.text = String(pctLoaded) + "%";

if (bytesloaded >= bytestotal) {

removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, scPreloader);

this.gotoAndPlay("commence");

}

}

Thanks everyone.

| scott