Tell us more about your system: OS version, CPU, graphics card etc. Do you have multiprocessing turned on? Have you tried to temporarily disable OpenGL?
See this page:
The same issues described there can also occur when initializing Dynamic Link or accessing Adobe Media Encoder. After Effects communicates with Adobe Media Encoder using Dynamic Link, so you can use Dynamic Link when exporting, without realizing it.
Hi there Todd,
I disabled my Firewall (Windows internal) for all the EXE. I'll if this helps, I don't have any 3rd Party QT-Stuff :/
I'm running Win7 Ultimate x64, latest Version (with Updates).
Two Xeon E5620 CPUs, 8 Cores/16 Threads. GeForce GTX560 Ti; Multiprocessoring turned on, but only 8 Cores used (2GB/each). I didn't try to disable OpenGL, but I'm not using at all :/
I might try that, because the Firewall didn't helped at all.
Thanks so far, I keep you posted!
//I don't know if I can get Support though these Forms, I only have a Student-Version of the Adobe Suite....