• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the export button greyed out in Premiere Elements 10?

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export (into a file, ultimately to a disc) a one-minute extract of a 10-minute video in my timeline.  In earlier versions of PE i simply went to File>export and picked one of several options (movie etc).  In PE 10 (which I'm using on the Mac) the Export option is greyed out.

Any idea how I can activate it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Just set the Work Area Bar to cover the range you want to extract, and tick the WAB only checkbox in the Share dialogues.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Export function was removed a couple of generations ago.

All video is output using Share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve.  It does seem strange that they should leave the button on the file menu.

Will the Share menu allow me to export short extracts rather than the entire movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just set the Work Area Bar to cover the range you want to extract, and tick the WAB only checkbox in the Share dialogues.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Export has been relegated to just a few things, like Titles - the rest is now on Share.

For more details, on Neale's WAB (Work Area Bar) instructions, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. I've found the WAB check box under the 'Computer' option of the Share menu.

Thanks again for your help.

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:46:49 -0700

To: thenewbs@hotmail.com

Subject: Why is the export button greyed out in Premiere Elements 10?

Re: Why is the export button greyed out in Premiere Elements 10?

created by Bill Hunt in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Yes, Export has been relegated to just a few things, like Titles - the rest is now on Share. For more details, on Neale's WAB (Work Area Bar) instructions, see this ARTICLE. Good luck, Hunt

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Export button is not greyed out because it would not make sense to export titles from the Share menu, since titles are not movies and even if they are exported from Share menu you wont be able to edit them again by importing into PrE, (since you cannot change the text,animations and all).

By selecting a title in the Project Bin and then using File->Export->Title you can export a title from a PrE project and then you can import that title to some other projects of PrE, where you might need a similar title, and you can also edit this (exported and imported) title just as a simple title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines