5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2011 9:51 AM by whornak

Very Strange:  ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable txtToonName is not defined.

whornak

I have a flash label on a movie clip with its instance name called 'txtToomName'.  This object has existed, been successfully instantiated and used for over a year without any modifications.  All of a sudden, during the getClassByName() call, I start getting an errors.

The actual error is:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable txtToonName is not defined.

at mcToonInformation_Design/__setTab_txtToonName_mcToonInformation_Design_Layer1_0()

There are other objects on the movieclip, defined as buttons, that were derived from an object in the library that didn't have its linkage set.  This had worked fine up til now where I could define a common object without linkage, create copies of that object on a movie clip and assign an instance name to allow access.

Once I changed my buttons to be an instance of an object in the library with linkage properties assigned they didn't give me an error.  The problem now is that it doesn't seem to like the Label object which is by default an instance of an object in the library that does have linkage properties set and yet still doesn't like it.

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on?  There hasn't been any library changes made or CS5 updates applied since 8/16/2010, the date on flash.exe.

I am using CS5 ver.11.0.2.489

Any advise/direction/assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is a show stopper and adds hours upon hours of adjustments to an application that has been running fine for a long time.

Message was edited by: whornak In an attempt to get beyond the previously mentioned error, realizing that it references 'tab', I made the label inaccessible and now receive the following error: ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable txtToonName is not defined.      at mcToonInformation_Design/__setAcc_txtToonName_mcToonInformation_Design_Layer1_0()