6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2011 11:32 AM by lasvideo

AVCHD Bouncing

Hilerowitz

Hi,

I bought a new camera (Sony NEX-VG10) and i filmed in high shutter speed and dip focus a glass of water.

I imported the video files and opend a new sequence (settings - avchd 1080i25).

when I play the video the glass is shown OK but behind it (trees, grass that were out-of-focus) is bouncing in the frame (easy bouncing).

when I played it on windows media player it is shown Ok.

I tried to open it on DV-PAL and 1080i25 anamorph sequences but it still bouncing in the background.

If anyone have an idea or know how to fix it I will be greatful.

Thank you,

Amir

• 1. Re: AVCHD Bouncing
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Can you upload the clip in question for others to look at?

http://www.depositfiles.com/en/

• 2. Re: AVCHD Bouncing
            Hilerowitz Level 1

Hi,

When I'm Exporting, the File is good and the problem solved.

So its something regards to the preview in Premiere itself.

Do you know if I need to change something in the preferences to make it work fine?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: AVCHD Bouncing
              Jim_Simon Level 8

If it doesn't show up in the export, I'd say don't worry about it.  The built-in Source and Program monitors aren't there for judging quality anyway, only for monitoring content.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: AVCHD Bouncing
                lasvideo Level 4

Amir, unless you have a external reference monitor that you can feed an HD-SDI signal out to, to aid you in judging the quality of clips, I would try to resolve your issue with previewing in Premiere. If you have clip problems and you cut a project thinking its just a preview problem, and it turns out to be something wrong iwth the video clips, it will be a big pain in the butt to recut the enite project. As and editor for 30 years, I say  worry about it and get it fixed. It should not function in the manner you have described. Consult Adobe tech support for FREE on the phone  if you dont get an answers that help Premiere function in the manner it should.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: AVCHD Bouncing
                  Hilerowitz Level 1

It's ok, I was so scared that my filming gone bad that I forgot to check the Preview settings. I changes it to Full Quality and now its ok.

Thank U all for the help!

• 6. Re: AVCHD Bouncing
                    lasvideo Level 4

Wonerful. Now you know you can trust (to a certain degree) what you see on the Source and Timeline monitors in Premiere. Good troubleshooting!