• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Flash and Installing It Again for Regular Users who don't know what MSI, CA,.. is....

Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experts like Mike and Olivier have solved a removal issue by renaming a file.  See below:

Nov 23, 2011 12:03 PM (in response to MikeJ53LL)

Re: Cannot uninstall flash player 11.1.102.55  

MikeJ53LL is right.

From this screenshot, we can clearly see that the uninstall is calling FlashUtil64_11_1_0_ActiveX.exe

Clipboard01.jpg

However, in this version the file is actually called FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.exe

Modifying the MSI to reflect this file name resolves the issue.

Adobe, please do thorough testing before releasing!

But for us regular users. please tell us what to do, A.  B.  C.  etc.  Am running 64 bit Windows 7 and my drivers are up to date, etc. 

Problem:  I do not have Flash capability although latest version is installed and shows up under Windows , SysWow, Macromedia.  Does not show up in program list.  Have uninstalled, reinstalled, turned Norton off and on, etc. etc. As y'all know, can't do much without the Flash.  Many thanks for simple instructions please. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FShelbyT wrote:

I do not have Flash capability...

How does that manifest itself; what do you see when you go to a Flash site?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

What browser do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2011 Nov 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Cannot see any animation on that link.

Whenever Flash is needed, I get a message on the screen telling me to download it with a link. And of course that never works right.

I seem to have both Internet Explorer regular and Internet Explorer 64-bit listed under Programs. When I click the icon on the bottom taskbar it takes me to this Version: 9.0.8112.16421 Update Versions: 9.0.3.(KB2586448) . So evidently the old one is the default?

When I go to file location of the 64-bit one and look at properties, it tells me version: 9.0.8112.16421 64-bit Edition. Update Versions: 9.0.3.(KB2586448) .

So the Flash program I downloaded is in both the System 32 folder and in the SysWow64 one. Ran a program compatability between IE 64-bit and the downloaded Flash Player that is sitting in syswow 64 and got this message: Please use 64-bit flash player uninstaller on this system.

So maybe that’s the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have both Internet Explorer regular and Internet Explorer 64-bit listed under Programs. When I click the icon on the bottom taskbar it takes me to this Version: 9.0.8112.16421 Update Versions: 9.0.3.(KB2586448) . So evidently the old one is the default?

Only the 32-bit Internet Explorer can be made the default Explorer.  On 64-bit systems, the Internet Explorer installer installs both the 64-bit and the 32-bit version.

So the Flash program I downloaded is in both the System 32 folder and in the SysWow64 one. Ran a program compatability between IE 64-bit and the downloaded Flash Player that is sitting in syswow 64 and got this message: Please use 64-bit flash player uninstaller on this system.

On 64-bit sytems, the 32-bit Flash Player files are in Windows/Sys64WOW/Macromed/Flash and the 64-bit Flash Player files are in Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On IE9, is the Shockwave Flash object enabled, and is ActiveX Filtering disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines