5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2011 9:47 AM by drkstr_1

Error: abc bytecode decoding failed

nagarjunFlex

Currently i am using Flex SDK Version 3.0.0 build 477 and Flex Builder 3

I would like to upgrade to FP 10 inorder to use the feaure fileReference.save();

I have followed http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Targeting+Flash+Player+10 to configure with FP10.

After configuring my project with flashplayer 10, their are some errors while compiling application in both Flex builder and compiler.

ERROR:Loading configuration file sdks\3.0.0\frameworks\flex-config.xml
      playerglobal.swc(flash/display/Graphics): Error: abc bytecode decoding failed.
      playerglobal.swc(flash/geom/Matrix3D): Error: abc bytecode decoding failed.
      playerglobal.swc(flash/display/BitmapData): Error: abc bytecode decoding failed.

Trying to resolve this issue but no success.

Any help would be Thanks full

• 1. Re: Error: abc bytecode decoding failed
          drkstr_1 Level 4

Did you remove the link to the old playerglobal.swc?

You should have something similar to this in your .actionscriptProperties:

<libraryPathEntry kind="4" path="">
                    <excludedEntries>
                              <libraryPathEntry kind="3" linkType="2" path="${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}/libs/player/9/playerglobal.swc" useDefaultLinkType="false"/>
                    </excludedEntries>
          </libraryPathEntry>

• 2. Re: Error: abc bytecode decoding failed
            nagarjunFlex Level 1

I have removed the old playerglobal.swc and in properties file exclude entry is present.

It looks Graphics , Matrix3D and BitmapData classes are missing in some way because if you see the error it showing the path of those three classes failed to encode

playerglobal.swc(flash/display/Graphics): Error: abc bytecode decoding failed.

playerglobal.swc(flash/geom/Matrix3D): Error: abc bytecode decoding failed.

playerglobal.swc(flash/display/BitmapData): Error: abc bytecode decoding failed.

Im not sure how to fix this.

• 3. Re: Error: abc bytecode decoding failed
              drkstr_1 Level 4

I followed those exact same instructions for the exact same reason, and everything worked fine for me.

There are many options presented in that document. Can you describe exactly which steps you took? Try starting from the beginning on a HelloWorld project and see if you still get the same issue.

Also, check out the first comment on that page. It mentions the exact same error, which resulted in forgetting to update the html wrapper (I actually went with the compiler argument option myself).

• 4. Re: Error: abc bytecode decoding failed
                nagarjunFlex Level 1

me too have taken the Commanline option and even tried with Flex builder but no use.

Just now tried by creating a simple Hello world application but its giving the same error.

Is this somthing problem with SDK 3.0.0 build 477 ?

• 5. Re: Error: abc bytecode decoding failed
                  drkstr_1 Level 4

Hmm, in the document it does mention Flex 3.2 SDK or later.

Did you even have the FP10 playerglobal.swc in that version of the Flex SDK directory? If it has it in there, I would think it should still work. If not, well then there is your answer...