16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 9:30 AM by francis w. RSS

Flash Player streaming video keeps freezing while audio continues

ChrisP500

Hi,

I have been having a problem with flash player for a couple of months now. When watching streaming video's the video will freeze for a second every 5-10 seconds constantly, but the audio continues uninterrupted. I have tried everything, enabling/disabling hardware acceleration; reinstalling flash player 11; trying flash player 10; updating the graphics drivers. I have also tried it on 5 different browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Seamonkey (mozilla browser), and Opera. The same problem occurs on all of them. Yesterday I thought I had cracked it when I realised I had several versions of java installed and once I deleted all the old versions flash player worked fine. However, today the problem has started all over again, and for some reason flash player had deleted itself when I turned the computer on this evening.

I have checked my internet connection speed online and am running an average speed of 5Mbps. I have 2.5 GB's of RAM, and a 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor. I am using Windows XP. I have never had any problems with flash player on this pc (which I've had for 6 years), and as far as I can tell this problem started occurring a couple of weeks before flash player 11 was released.

I'd be very grateful for any help anyone can give resolving this problem.

Regards,

Chris Perkins