3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2008 11:37 AM by

Creating Webpage

AMPBURK
      I created the Home Page in Adobe Illustrator, exported the file to Adobe Fireworks, created the slices in Adobe Fireworks, and exported to Dreamweaver. When I tried to create a link for one of my buttons in Dreamweaver to a page I created solely in Dreamweaver, it failed. Why did it fail?
        • 1. Re: Creating Webpage
          pixlor Level 4
          What exactly did you export?

You can't make a Web page with Illustrator - you can only make a graphic file. A Web page is a text file of HTML code (indicated with an .htm or .html extension) that can reference images. From Fireworks, you can export the HTML and graphics in order to have a Web page to open in Dreamweaver.

Did you name your slices? (That's an easy way to set your file names and it's much better than Firework's default naming scheme.) When you exported, did you choose HTML and Images?

• 2. Re: Creating Webpage
            Level 7
            Using FW to write your HTML like you describe is a poor start. But, we can
            only guess about what you might have done or not done without seeing your
            page. Can you upload it to some web space and post a link?

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

"pixlor" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g22jbh$48r$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > What exactly did you export?
            >
            > You can't make a Web page with Illustrator - you can only make a graphic
            > file.
            > A Web page is a text file of HTML code (indicated with an .htm or .html
            > extension) that can reference images. From Fireworks, you can export the
            > HTML
            > and graphics in order to have a Web page to open in Dreamweaver.
            >
            > Did you name your slices? (That's an easy way to set your file names and
            > it's
            > much better than Firework's default naming scheme.) When you exported, did
            > you
            > choose HTML and Images?
            >
            >
            >
            >

• 3. Re: Creating Webpage
              send the code here please